Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Upgraded my at822 to AKG C1000s , but need help!  (Read 1236 times)

jokerdataper

• Trade Count: (0)
Upgraded my at822 to AKG C1000s , but need help!
« on: April 22, 2005, 03:41:57 PM »
Hello to all the cats' in this community. I just became a newbie to this site today  ;D. I'm also looking forward on continuing the art of taping, and learning from all the different tapers that are out there. If it weren't for yous', I've would've never became one ;). So with that being said. It would be much appreciated if I could get some feed backs on these questions that I have. Keep in mind that I'm on a budget as well. I currently just upgraded my AT822 to a pair of AKG C1000s. The cable mic's that I use are Canares, and my recording device is the Sony Mz-N1 MD. My questions are: What am I going to need to buy, to make my AKG C1000s talk to my MD? Which is a good 2 channel  Phantom power for a low price? Should also consider investing in on another recording device? I mean I would like to stay with the MD that I have. But if I have to upgrade in that dept. I would only be looking to spend at a least around $200-250 for another recording device. I like the NJB3, and the *Ediorl (sorry for the mispell) cuz they would probably be my choices if I had to UG. Finally, what would T mount would be appropriate for the AKG C1000s? Well that is all for now. I apologize if I'm asking to much, but I need to know if I invested in the wrong mics abit to early? Thanks and much appreciated for your time. P.S. please  be specific on the cabling, connectors and 2 channel P B when recommending.

Cheers,

Hector

Offline RobC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Upgraded my at822 to AKG C1000s , but need help!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 05:31:30 PM »
Years ago I went from AT822 to AKG c1000s too. 

AKG c1000s don't need 48v phantom power,  each mic takes a 9v battery and you are set.

to go from the XLR mic cables into you mini disc without any other outboard gear you will need some transformers and probably an adapter cable,  (when i ran c1000s straight into a deck i had 2 transformers that that went to 1/4 inch plug and than a y cable that went 2  1/4"-> 1/8" stereo mini plug) You can probably get transformers and and adapters you will need at your local Guitar Shop.

km 184 >v2> HD-P2, R-44
AKG 393, 392

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com