Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Seamless playback with 24/96 files on DVD+R discs?  (Read 2892 times)

cshepherd

• Trade Count: (0)
Seamless playback with 24/96 files on DVD+R discs?
« on: December 23, 2005, 03:03:02 PM »
Hi,
This is my first post around here.  I recently got back into taping and want to know if 24/96 files will play seamlessly on DVD+R discs (or any other type for that matter)?  I haven't been able to find much information on this subject.  A friend of mine worked with Discwelder for a while but the track junctions still produced a small (~.5 sec.) gap between tracks.  Can someone shed some light? 

This is a sweet site.  I can't believe there's a gear loaner forum.  What a great idea.

Thanks,
Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Seamless playback with 24/96 files on DVD+R discs?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
what kind of dvd player were using? some cant play seamless for one reason or other. i use a pioneer 563-a (theres an elite model thats real good too). i author all my dvd-a's with wavelab5 and get no gaps. there are several threads in the comp record section and the archive. good luck.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:22:54 PM »
I have burned countless DVD-Audio discs onto DVD+R (and DVD-R), using both discwelder bronze, and Scott Brown's free windows GUI (DVD-Audiofile) to create DVD-Audio discs.  everything plays seamlessly on my Denon 2200.  As mentioned above, it's probably an issue with your player, not the software nor the DVD media.

cshepherd

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm using a Cambridge Audio 540-D DVD player.  I haven't tried authoring straight out of Samplitude yet, but I will go ahead with that first before giving up on my player.  It sounds like my friend's transfer process may not be right.  Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 03:46:45 PM »
Hi,
This is my first post around here.  I recently got back into taping and want to know if 24/96 files will play seamlessly on DVD+R discs (or any other type for that matter)?  I haven't been able to find much information on this subject.  A friend of mine worked with Discwelder for a while but the track junctions still produced a small (~.5 sec.) gap between tracks.  Can someone shed some light? 

This is a sweet site.  I can't believe there's a gear loaner forum.  What a great idea.

Thanks,
Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

Hey, how's Eugene

haven't been there in about two years but I remember stopping into your shop....
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

cshepherd

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 05:34:48 PM »
Eugene is still the giant bubble that it's always been...  The Hi-Fi business is home based.  We don't have a retail space.  It's a hobby/addiction my brother and I have a lot of fun with, but I don't think a retail space is ever going to be in our future.  We used to own a CD store back in the 90's, but I'm sure we can all fill in the blanks about what happened there.   ;D

We've got some demo mic cables from Van den Hul (a wire company based in Holland) that we're going to put in the gear loaner program soon.  VdH has been innovating the use of carbon fibres in interconnects and speaker cables.  I know there's a lot of BS in the audiophile cable community, but VdH cables bring it in spades.  We think they need to be in the taper community.  Beyond that, we just want to see people getting into good sound.  I'll try to keep Eugene Hi-Fi fluffing to a minimum around here.  Thanks again for everyone's help.

Cheers,
Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore

Hi,

Thanks,
Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

Hey, how's Eugene

haven't been there in about two years but I remember stopping into your shop....

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 05:40:36 PM »
For those who don't know, Chris (and his brother Dale) are damn near legends in the ABB/Mule/Derek Trucks trading circles.

If you've got any '99 DTB that's especially tasty, good chance it was Chris' KM184>V2>DAP1 rig.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

cshepherd

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 06:20:35 PM »
Nick, thanks for the kind words.  It's nice to know those old tapes are still appreciated.  I must have seen Derek play 25-30 times in 1999 between the DTB and ABB.

Chris

For those who don't know, Chris (and his brother Dale) are damn near legends in the ABB/Mule/Derek Trucks trading circles.

If you've got any '99 DTB that's especially tasty, good chance it was Chris' KM184>V2>DAP1 rig.

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 08:45:05 PM »
Nick, thanks for the kind words.  It's nice to know those old tapes are still appreciated.  I must have seen Derek play 25-30 times in 1999 between the DTB and ABB.

Appreciated?  Heck I listen to those shows on a regular basis!  The DTB bender you guys went on in 1999 and 2000 is a great archive of the band in a wonderful era.  Great to see you on the TapersSection and to hear you and Dale are pulling tapes again.  I'm grabbing your Kimock show from bt.etree.org right now.

-Rick
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline Phil

• Taperssection Member
  • Control for smilers can't be bought
    • BitTorrentMusic.com
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 12:29:59 AM »
Welcome Chris,  media shouldn't matter, DVD-+R/RW it's all good.  I also highly recomend scott brown's program for creating DVD-A's http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=52892.0 just drag and drop either .wav or flacs into the window and go! It does not put in any gaps and it doesn't get any easier.  Enjoy
AKG 481 > V3 > MT2496 or VXpocket 440 > Laptop

cshepherd

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 10:53:58 PM »
Phil,
Thanks so much for the tip.  I'd T+ ya if I could.  I'll download Scott's program and check it out tonight. 

Chris
Eugene Hi-Fi
Eugene, Ore.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com