Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What's wrong with this wav file?  (Read 5302 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: What's wrong with this wav file?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 10:44:09 PM »
Brian,

I probably didn't put in words well what I mean to say. I have a bad habit of that. I'm sure the recording is fine, I mean to say that I am not stating that it is definitly overloaded, or literally brickwalled by what I can see. I just mean that he hit a max gain somewhere. I have to assume it was the superloud audio he was recording. It could have easily been the PA being limited. I'm only going on what I see of course but the dynamics seem to be limited. Simply extremly loud music, the mics, the PA, the MP-2? I don't know, but it looks like this was limited by something somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some peaks that are flattened when you zoom way in. This can and probably does still sound fine of course. Obviously the lower part of the pics look fine. Maybe he was hitting the MP-2 pretty hard before the M1.

In short, it looks like the peaks do not go over a certain level, but not because of the volume of the music. Maybe that makes sense.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com