Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: transfering R.G.B. signal to s-vhs (and vice-versa)  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
transfering R.G.B. signal to s-vhs (and vice-versa)
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:26:29 AM »
I have a stand alone hard drive/dvd burner (PanasonicDMR EH 65) that has only s-vhs in and out. My dvd player (JVCRM-SXV069M) will only pass widescreen signal through R.G.B. outputs.My understanding is that the s-vhs cord breaks the signal up into R.G.B. signal which is then reprocessed through receiving unit. I need a loss free way to get an R.G.B. signal converted to s-vhs signal to plug into hard drive/dvd burner. I already can get around any copyguard type noise by going through a video switcher as a filtering unit. Can I just break an s/vhs cord down into R.G.B. and convert to 3 R.C.A. cords labeled red, green, and blue(and what is the wiring pattern in the s-vhs cord)? And do I need shielding? Thanks  Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: transfering R.G.B. signal to s-vhs (and vice-versa)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »
As I understand it, SVideo doesn't break up to RGB, it's chroma, luma with separate grounds across 4 pins, where as Component is 2 chroma and 1 luma and it syncs the three across the luma signal.

Any transfer regarding either SVideo or Component is going to involve the analog domain, so my  recommendation (short of changing hardware) is to get a signal converter or a cheap/broken DVD recorder on ebay with the correct inputs to enable a pass-through. Your "losing" stuff anyway so if thats your top concern with copying dvds then I'd look at a DVD-ROM solution for your computer. I've seen boxes run between $100-400.

Best of luck.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com