Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: so, i taped some shows (aud/vid) and now i want to make it snazzy... (mac)  (Read 3356 times)

Offline justink

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
AVCHD files, audio from my taping rig.  i also have a few other camera angles to mix in.  those files are ripped from youtube in mp4, or flv.

i'm working on a mac. 

what is the best app to utilize for the editing/syncing that i need?

what is the workflow?  (video edits first, music sync later?  sync first, edits later?)

if there is a faq or workflow somewhere, that would be awesome.  if someone would like to take me under their wing, that would be better.

i have full 720p video on a tripod and dpa4021 > ACM V3 > R-44 audio for smashing pumpkins and dave matthews and tim reynolds... really would like to produce something nice.
Mics:
DPA 4023 (Cardioid)
DPA 4028 (Subcardioid)
DPA 4018V (Supercardioid)
Earthworks TC25 (Omni) 

Pres and A/D's:
Grace Design Lunatec V3 (Oade ACM)
Edirol UA-5 (bm2p+ Mod)

Recorders:
Sound Devices MixPre10 II
Edirol R-44 (Oade CM)
Sony PCM‑M10

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
AVCHD files, audio from my taping rig.  i also have a few other camera angles to mix in.  those files are ripped from youtube in mp4, or flv.

i'm working on a mac. 

what is the best app to utilize for the editing/syncing that i need?

what is the workflow?  (video edits first, music sync later?  sync first, edits later?)

if there is a faq or workflow somewhere, that would be awesome.  if someone would like to take me under their wing, that would be better.

i have full 720p video on a tripod and dpa4021 > ACM V3 > R-44 audio for smashing pumpkins and dave matthews and tim reynolds... really would like to produce something nice.

Your best option will be apps like Final Cut Express or Pro. You'll get better editorial control, etc. It will take a little time to learn, but the rewards are there.

I'd suggest taking your master audio/video footage and building on top of that. PM me if you wanna discuss further.

Keytohwy

Offline DLay

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • If it has to be loud to be good, it isn't
Unless you're looking to get into working with video and editing more often, you're probably better off using iMovie. Its already on your mac and though its limited compared to Final Cut, it also doesn't have the learning curve of FC.
Beyerdynamic MC930 > Sound Devices 702t

Offline Shadow_7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
I tend to do things the hard way.  You'll want to sync the audio first IMO.  Which you can do while you generate a proxy to help in edit choices.  This should give you relative time stamps for each of the camera angles.  A good program probably finds this on it's own.  Or I could be wrong, as I've never used one.  But I've resolved to scripting most of my stuff in bash, which takes a while to process and requires a little manual effort to train it.  On the plus side, it also allows a redo of the entire process, verbatim, if I happen to discover a better way in terms of results, not efficiency.  Or if I'm just bored and want to see what it looks like through the gimps predator plugin.  Being a weekend warrior helps to have the time/resources to travel the long road.  Since it's a hobby, not a paid gig.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Unless you're looking to get into working with video and editing more often, you're probably better off using iMovie. Its already on your mac and though its limited compared to Final Cut, it also doesn't have the learning curve of FC.
imovie will not let him do multi camera stuff (unless one of the new versions does)

recently i converted flv files (dmb 10/10/10 webcast) and needed mpg streamclip to do it as fcp will not accept the files in that format
the audio will get messed up in the process but thats not really an issue here because you have your recording

i suggest dubbing your audio and main footage first
then line up other footage to that - you can use the audio to get close and then adjust from there
export to dvd

would love to see the d+t stuff when you are done
would poss convert it for you if you like too
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline liveween

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection Member
AVCHD files. i'm working on a mac.

Which Mac model are you working on?  PowerPC or Intel processor?  Number of cores / core speed / amount of RAM?

Take care!

- kobi.
liveween.com
WEENTV
My Multicam Concert Edits
Earthworks SR71's > Loaner PSP2/3 > Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.113 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com