Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canon DVK-E1 Data Verification Kit  (Read 2369 times)

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Canon DVK-E1 Data Verification Kit
« on: March 23, 2006, 10:55:32 PM »
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=266214&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

hmm..   why is this 1,400 clams?    I sorta get what it does..  I would imagine it records the files with checksums on its proprietory card ( ::)), with self checking software? maybe?  kinda like flac files..  but anyways..

dont digital camera's record data right to the card as its master copy? and why wouldnt that card read by a computer not be the same file?  I could see some missed bits on the usb transfer/card reader, but is it a 1400 dollar improvement?   I guess is what Im asking..

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline VA_TAPER

• Taperssection Member
  • SPA AKG C33E->Hamptone HVTP2->Tascam DV-RA1000 DSD
Re: Canon DVK-E1 Data Verification Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 12:15:55 PM »
it's for forensic/insurance purposes.  to prove that an image (evidence) wasn't manipulated (i.e. photoshopped).  it's not to make sure you get a good copy on to the pc.

peace, chris
My recordings and transfers at archive.org: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=berryman%20AND%20mediatype%3Aetree%20AND%20collection%3Aetree

“Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.”  Joseph Stalin

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:30:57 PM »
ahh..  didnt think of that!   makes sense..   thanks!  +t
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline jpschust

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Padres Rule Your Face
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 04:40:19 PM »
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=266214&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

hmm..   why is this 1,400 clams?    I sorta get what it does..  I would imagine it records the files with checksums on its proprietory card ( ::)), with self checking software? maybe?  kinda like flac files..  but anyways..

dont digital camera's record data right to the card as its master copy? and why wouldnt that card read by a computer not be the same file?  I could see some missed bits on the usb transfer/card reader, but is it a 1400 dollar improvement?   I guess is what Im asking..

I just left my brother a message to find out why it's so expensive.

We sell them in connection with another unit my family business sells, though I'm not sure exactly why it's that expensive.

The purpose is as described and I think part of the reason is that there is a very strict patent on the technology used to make it admissable for court purposes.
Quote from: Todd Snider
They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain
97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime
99 percent think with 3 percent 100 percent of the time

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com