Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question about adding FLAC tags with xACT  (Read 2750 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Question about adding FLAC tags with xACT
« on: May 16, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »
I have a question about tagging in xACT (2.35)

I am in the market for a portable player that plays FLAC. I'm looking at the new Fiio X3 Second Gen but it doesn't seem to available yet for purchase (at least through B&H).

I have been inputting FLAC tags with xACT, getting ready so that when i do get a player I will have shows ready to go to load onto it.

My question is this:
xACT has boxes for Track # (x of x), and Disc # (x of x).  Should I be listing the total tracks for the show, (like Track 1 of 25), or break it down to individual tracks per disc?
(Track 1 of 6) (Disc 1 of 3).

I'm OK with listing disc #s (1 of 3) but just wonder how I should list the tracks; either total or total per disc. Is one way or the other better for the player to read?

Thanks,

ONT-

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Question about adding FLAC tags with xACT
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:43:17 PM »
I don't even include the track numbers, but once I tag the files, with or without song titles, the track numbers are added in.  I don't futz with disc numbers anymore since I rarely burn CDs anyway.

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 03:09:01 PM »
I think I'm going to go with the number of total tracks for the show, instead of tracks per disc. I was told by a friend that the players would read the files easier and play through to the end of the show if the tracks were added this way.

I'm not going to know exactly how it will work until I get a portable FLAC player.

ONT-

Offline Cobiwan

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »
After I fill in date artist venue etc, I import setlist with out track numbers into the window and check auto track. Done.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Mics:
2 matched pairs of Oktava MK-012 MSP6 with Bill Sitler mod + cardioid, hyper-cardioid, and omni capsules
Church Audio CA-14 omni/UBB
Sonic Studios DSM-6S
Recorders:
Tascam HD-P2, Tascam DR-680, Zoom F-8
Cables:
Gakables XLR, S/PDIF, battery and umbrella, DigiGal AES > S/PDIF, Darktrain hot swap battery

Member of DiGiHoArDeRs

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 01:17:02 PM »
This works fine for itunes playback. I don't burn CD's anymore, so I just number the entire fileset as disc 1/1 and track#/total tracks

I think I'm going to go with the number of total tracks for the show, instead of tracks per disc. I was told by a friend that the players would read the files easier and play through to the end of the show if the tracks were added this way.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline justink

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 07:14:02 PM »
I don't even include the track numbers, but once I tag the files, with or without song titles, the track numbers are added in. I don't futz with disc numbers anymore since I rarely burn CDs anyway.

this is my opinion... especially the bolded.

i never seed anything under the original recording rate (usually 24/48) anyway... so i just number the tracks normallly. 

if i convert the 24/48 files to mp3 V0 in xACT for iTunes/match... all the tags transfer over perfectly as well.
Mics:
DPA 4023 (Cardioid)
DPA 4028 (Subcardioid)
DPA 4018V (Supercardioid)
Earthworks TC25 (Omni) 

Pres and A/D's:
Grace Design Lunatec V3 (Oade ACM)
Edirol UA-5 (bm2p+ Mod)

Recorders:
Sound Devices MixPre10 II
Edirol R-44 (Oade CM)
Sony PCM‑M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.285 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com