Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Mixdown clicks and pops???

(1/2) > >>

Swampy:
I transfered my Poogie Bell Band (good local funk band, Marcus Miller's drummer) tape into sonar, when I exported it as a wav, it had a few random clicks and pops throughout (hear below sound sample). It was only on the wave that I exported, not on sonar though, so theres somthing up with the exporting... Can anyone help me figure out whats causing this??? THANKS!!!!

whitenite:

--- Quote from: Alex "swampy" Herd on December 01, 2003, 11:53:00 AM ---I transfered my Poogie Bell Band (good local funk band, Marcus Miller's drummer) tape into sonar, when I exported it as a wav, it had a few random clicks and pops throughout (hear below sound sample). It was only on the wave that I exported, not on sonar though, so theres somthing up with the exporting... Can anyone help me figure out whats causing this??? THANKS!!!!

--- End quote ---

how did you transfer?  from DAT, MD?  transfer via soundcard, usb, other device?  you say it wasn't on sonar.  was sonar used to capture the wav?

Swampy:
I went Dat > delta 44  (analog) > Sonar. When I listened to the show in sonar, the pops and such did not exist, but when I exported it as a wav, the wav had the pops and clicks...

pfife:
I would check your sample rates and bit rates - they need to be consistent all the way through your transfer...

Swampy:
You know what, I think it just might be my computer. I just burned it and listend on my stereo and there arent any clicks.... THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! T+++ to all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version