Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps Lemo Silvers  (Read 2909 times)

Offline PH

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • can you fix it in the mix?
Schoeps Lemo Silvers
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:38:15 PM »
Hey, wondering if it's possible for any of you silver cable makers to make up a custom 9' pair of silver quad techflex with machined male xlr's to lemo connectors. For use with the Schoeps CCM line of miniatures.

Ever since I picked up a pair of silvers from Matt, I would love to have my CCM5's to have that same look, feel, and sound.

I assume this possible, but haven't seen anyone mention it. Thanks for any info. Cheers, Phil

Offline ianstone

• Needs to get out more...
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
Re: Schoeps Lemo Silvers
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:33:01 PM »
Hey, wondering if it's possible for any of you silver cable makers to make up a custom 9' pair of silver quad techflex with machined male xlr's to lemo connectors. For use with the Schoeps CCM line of miniatures.

Ever since I picked up a pair of silvers from Matt, I would love to have my CCM5's to have that same look, feel, and sound.

I assume this possible, but haven't seen anyone mention it. Thanks for any info. Cheers, Phil

hey i would like to get something similar done. actually someone i know said they can do it, i just need to send them my pair of xlr>lemo's so they can take a look at them...

PM me if you find any info and i'll do the same...
ian
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline KLowe

• Trade Count: (5)
  • CrossFit....check you ego at the door
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 04:09:54 PM »
i'd be happy to attempt it for you.  I've made 5+ sets of cables with the mil-spec silver and think I've had great results.
I can post pics of my cables if anyone is interested.  I'd do it for pretty much cost of parts also...b/c i'm a dork and think it is fun to make cables etc.

nashphil...i think you saw the cables I made at Galactic in Nashville.

Kevin
I actually work for a living with music, instead of you jerk offs who wish they did.

bwaaaahahahahahaha.... that is awesome!

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
I think the question needs to be addressed with Schoeps to be safe.  I'm pretty sure the DPA 40xx series mics / cables have special electronics involved, and I know the AKG 460 extension cables with lemo connectors have similar electronics.  I can only imagine that the Schoeps cables use a similar approach.  Not saying it's not do-able, but I'd hate for someone to sacrifice expensive cables for this experiment only to find out it's not possible.  A little research up front may be worthwhile.  My $0.02.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:44:02 PM »
I think the question needs to be addressed with Schoeps to be safe.  I'm pretty sure the DPA 40xx series mics / cables have special electronics involved, and I know the AKG 460 extension cables with lemo connectors have similar electronics.  I can only imagine that the Schoeps cables use a similar approach.  Not saying it's not do-able, but I'd hate for someone to sacrifice expensive cables for this experiment only to find out it's not possible.  A little research up front may be worthwhile.  My $0.02.

for the schoeps active cables between the mkXX caps and a cmc6 body, yes, you are correct in that there is some electronics in the cable.  but for the ccm line, it's just a straight cable, Lemo > XLR.

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »

supposedly it is quite easy to rebuild the mk46 extension cables - speaking of I need to get on top of having that done
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com