Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do I need a storage upgrade? Looking for most reliable outboard storage  (Read 6450 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I have two 4TB Lacie Quadra external hard drives. One is a back up for the other. Every three or four years I buy a new one and regulate the older one for the back up. So far it’s been working.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
What would you guys recommend for cloud storage for say at least 2tb?  This is mainly photographs I really don't want to loose

I don't recommend cloud storage for such a large library unless you host it yourself.

Get a couple extra 4 TB drives and keep them with trusted friends and family, or in a safe deposit box. Much cheaper than a cloud subscription I bet, and won't take days and days to load terabytes over your data connection.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
I do audio and multi-angle video. As much as I like storing it all in the cloud it's not an option with this amount of data (50+ GB per show)

I have almost 8TB on Backblaze. It took 7 months to upload, but I, like you have lots of video and audio content.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline robeti

• Trade Count: (39)
  • Taperssection Member
I do audio and multi-angle video. As much as I like storing it all in the cloud it's not an option with this amount of data (50+ GB per show)

I have almost 8TB on Backblaze. It took 7 months to upload, but I, like you have lots of video and audio content.

That's $5 a month?
Interesting...!

mics schoeps mk22/mk4/mk41 (matched) | nakamichi cm-300 (JB mod/cp1/cp2/cp3) | nakamichi cm-50 | primo em4052pmi4's | sp-cmc-4u/at-853 4.7k mod (shotguns/h/c/sc/o) | ca-11 c/o | ca-14 c
power ca-ubb | ca-9200 | nbob actives > baby nbox | schoeps cmbi (pair)
recorder roland r-05 
video panasonic zs100 | panasonic hdc-sd600 | sony hx9v | sony hx50v | samsung s23 ultra
playback fiio m17 > final d8000

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member

That's $5 a month?
Interesting...!

I did the $50 a year deal. You get a free month (so do I) if you use my referral link. https://secure.backblaze.com/r/01scop If this is not allowed, please delete or PM me, and I will remove.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
RAID array and also 2 external HDD that I keep off-site.

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
I run a Synology Disk station. They make many but nice devices and easy to use. I have 4 WD red 2TB drives in it now and then a nightly backup to an external connected to the NAS. so nothing offsite but its fast and more than enough i think for most people. I also have most of my older library on DVD-A and DVD-R but I haven't burned physical data in a long time

offsite is nice if you can swing it. You could have your local NAS sync to like google storage or something similar.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline rumbleseat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Sonicsational Audio
I also have a Synology DiskStation with 4 drives, which gives you 3 drives of space after accounting for redundancy. I back it up weekly to a WD MyBook 8 TB USB drive.
This is an expensive option, but it has a lot of features, most of which I don't use.
The one that I make the most use of is the Audio Station, which allows my entire audio collection to be streamed to my phone (or sent to a Google Chromecast Audio dongle attached to my stereo).  (Their Photo Station and Video Station will do the same for photos and videos...)
The other function that I use all the time is the Download Station, which is essentially a torrent client that runs in the background.  Perfect for getting your DIME ratios up!
This is an expensive option and powerful enough to handle the accounts of a small business.  Not terribly difficult to set up and run, but it would have been nice to have an expert walk me through it the first time!

If you just need raw storage, a couple of WD MyBook drives would do the trick.
AKG C480B CK61 cards or AKG C568EB or Church CA-11 cards >  Canare L-4E6S with Neutrik EMC > Tascam DR-680 MKII or DR-44WL > memories

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com