Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I Got Caught  (Read 13570 times)

Offline Tapeholio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Are you threatening me?
Re: I Got Caught
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 05:06:41 PM »
I won't tape at that venue again. The guy dragged me around and showed me to all the staff members (he didn't take my name, picture or anything though).

F them.  Up your game.

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Makeup-Complete-Techniques-Materials/dp/0823088391

I am Tapeholio. I come from Lake Titicaca!

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 12:54:50 PM »
you potentially speak for all of us when you're in a confrontation with club/promoter/band authorities.  wise up and hold your tongue.  worst case scenario, you get a black eye.  best case scenario, well... you don't get a black eye.  but you do still get to look like a douche in front of your peers now that you've posted your story publically!  sweet!

I don't think you look like a douche at all.  I don't videotape concerts; I only tape audio for bands that allow it, so take that for what it's worth. If some douchbag security dude was being unreasonable the way you described I'd call him out on it too.  I'm not going to take shit from some asshole on a power trip (that doesn't even know the policy) to protect the name of other tapers.  Again, I understand it's different when you're breaking the rules.

I've never once had situation escalate with anyone from a venue.  I always stay calm, and when someone doesn't know the policy I ask to speak to their supervisor.  But in cases of someone from the venue being rude and a dick like that; call a spade a spade. 
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Ekib

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 05:39:53 PM »
I think if it's an open taping show it's always best to contact the venue before hand. I do find that usually venues are really cool about it ( I am talking about the smaller type of venues , not the huge Arena's ) .Many times we have received an almost "royal" treatment.

And think about it...if the venue agrees with recording you usually get the best place /sound etc. Sometimes here they even allow us to stand right next to the soundboard or even within the mixing desk.

Recording video without notifying the venue is asking for trouble.
But I have to say, I don’t mind it. I do object when I see people sticking microphones up my nose, in the front row. If I see anyone doing that [laughs] I’m going to have security remove them. Because that’s just obnoxious. But I don’t mind if people come and discreetly at the back make a recording of it. And I know that it’s just for their own use, for the superfan.
(Steven Wilson , interview http://blog.musoscribe.com/index.php/2011/01/25/interview-steven-wilson-on-audience-taping/ )

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com