Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Roan Mtn Tennessee  (Read 1859 times)

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
Roan Mtn Tennessee
« on: August 31, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »
So I took a trip 2 weeks ago, backpacking on the AT for 4 days from Beauty Spot Gap up to Roan High Knob shelter.  Brought some lenses and the tripod and finally getting around to processing a few pics.  Spent most of my time hiking (til 9 or 10 at night) as I overestimated my mileage but managed to squeeze off a few.  Here is one from Roan Mtn, right before sunrise, kinda cloudy and the typical smoky mountain look with lots of mist and clouds in the valley.  This is looking down off the bald.  Hard to tell where the mountains end and the sky begins.  It all kinda melted together, to be revealed as the sun rose.  I'll follow this thread up with a few more as I get time.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:06:02 PM by stirinthesauce »

stirinthesauce

Re: Roan Mtn Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »
Here are some more.  1st pic is day 3 atop I believe Bear Mtn (first mtn past Little Rock Knob) at noon, elevation ~5200 looking down over one of the towns in the valley.  Not the best pic but you do what you can in mid day lighting and haze.  2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th pics are that afternoon/early evening at Roan Mtn High Knob Shelter.  Highest shelter on the AT at ~6285.  Clouds were coming and going and it was rather eery up there as the foliage up there gave a "ancient" feel.  Moss covered trees with all the limbs dying except what was up top gathering the little bit of sun they could get.  Pics should give a feel of the Knob.

stirinthesauce

Re: Roan Mtn Tennessee
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »
early morning day 4, catching a little of the sunrise reflecting off the clouds.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com