Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sony PCM-M10 vs Tascam DR-05

(1/5) > >>

kennyb:
I've had my Sony M10 since 2011. It's been great, but I'm considering selling it and buying the Tascam DR-05, since the Sonys are getting crazy prices on ebay and the Tascam is just $79 new. There are probably some comparisons around but I couldn't locate anything definitive. The recorders are very similar in a lot of ways (2 AA batts, omni mics)... I record some live shows and a lot of outdoor ambient sounds, so noise floor could be a consideration. Anyway thanks for any recommendations or data points, or if this thread is already out there please point me to it. Cheers

morst:
do you use internal mics or line in?

kennyb:
I use internals or line-in mostly, and have some external electrets that I use sometimes with plug in power

unidentified:
I own them both.  Keep the Sony. It's smaller, better built, has much longer battery life, and (IMHO) better pre-amps. 

mrfender:

--- Quote from: unidentified on December 24, 2018, 03:59:18 PM ---I own them both.  Keep the Sony. It's smaller, better built, has much longer battery life, and (IMHO) better pre-amps.

--- End quote ---

The DR-05 was my first recorder (awww....) and works great but I have to agree with this. No reason to switch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version