Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Hi new here-Taping questions  (Read 13840 times)

Offline splumer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Go ahead, try this at home
Re: Hi new here-Taping questions
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
My old hosemate's girlfriend tops you all.  Neil Young at the Cow Palace in 1986 or 1987.  PCM F-1, SL2000 Betamax and 3 Nicad batteries under her skirt.  Granted, she was not a size 2.

I'm not sure I'd be so proud to tell everyone I went there...  But I guess fat chicks need love too...   :P

Terry

My wife was um... not exactly skinny, and we always hid my stealth rig (not that I stealthed much) and a camera in her ample bosom. For better or for worse, she had gastric bypass surgery and lost a lot of weight. Now she can't hide rigs the way she used to.

But yeah, I'd love her if she was 1000 or 100 pounds.
"Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here. "
 - Lawrence Krauss

Offline hermannhesse70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
The preamp and mic on the tascam are good enough for me. I shouldve realized this would be a taboo subject. My apologies.

That being said, if the mystery spot is the groin area then great. I was thinking about hiding it in my shoe, but that would be very uncomfortable to say the least.

Hide a Tascam DR100 MK2 in your SHOE? What - you wear a size 25W?   ;D  I have one of those and they're uh.. kind of big.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:55:31 AM by hermannhesse70 »

Offline TimSmith

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »
There are actually some benefits of living in Moscow (where I live). Unlike the USA security don't really know about all these recorders. If I am getting searched I always pretend that my sony pcm-m10 is some kind of an audiophile player. If I would hide something in my shoe they may automatically think that it's something prohibited, maybe even a bomb  ;D  Just joking, this is not Israel.  ;)

Tascam dr-100 mkii does not seem like the best choice for st3@lthing to me. Like some people said: with Zoom h2 you can pretend like you're shaving, with olympus - talking on a phone, with Zoom H-1 - blowing bubbles.  ;D But dr-100 looks like really serious professional machine :(
I know, I know.... My english...

CA-14 (card or omni) -> CA-UGLY-BB or CA-9200 -> Sony PCM-M10

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »

Tascam dr-100 mkii does not seem like the best choice for st3@lthing to me. Like some people said: with Zoom h2 you can pretend ... with Zoom H-1 - blowing bubbles.

Now that's funny!  ;D
I think the best bet for a low profile recorder now is the Tascam DR-2D. There are smaller ones but this seems to be the best bang for the buck on the small end of things.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »

Tascam dr-100 mkii does not seem like the best choice for st3@lthing to me. Like some people said: with Zoom h2 you can pretend ... with Zoom H-1 - blowing bubbles.

Now that's funny!  ;D
I think the best bet for a low profile recorder now is the Tascam DR-2D. There are smaller ones but this seems to be the best bang for the buck on the small end of things.

The rea; key to success are external mics. 

Offline The Giz

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 02:49:06 AM »
Did you manage to record the gig?
Satisfied with the result?

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »
Did you manage to record the gig?
Satisfied with the result?

I'm wondering the same ??? And what made you buy a dr100?
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline The Giz

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 04:01:29 AM »
I'm also new to taping. I bought a Sony PCM-M10. No mics yet, my aim is to be very 'stealth'.
When I just had the device I had one lucky shot with the internal mics, a amplified concert (70's hardrock) and is sounded very decent. Guess that was my one in a million proper amplified concert recording with internal mics though. The concerts after that sound pretty distorded, and not much fun to listen.

It might have been asked before, but what mics can be used without a battery box at amplified concerts?

Offline stepeanut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 05:00:15 AM »
It might have been asked before, but what mics can be used without a battery box at amplified concerts?

Buy a battery box.  Seriously.  A CA-UBB or Sound Pros model will add very little bulk to your rig, and your recordings will be better as a result.

It's no trouble at all to stealth with a small battery box.  If you can't envisage it, send me a PM and I'll explain further.
Stepeanut: "Unless something else turns up, I'd say you've made the pull of the tour."

Yousef: "That's kind of you to say, but it does feel like winning first prize in a turd-photographing contest."

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »
I'm also new to taping. I bought a Sony PCM-M10. No mics yet, my aim is to be very 'stealth'.
When I just had the device I had one lucky shot with the internal mics, a amplified concert (70's hardrock) and is sounded very decent. Guess that was my one in a million proper amplified concert recording with internal mics though. The concerts after that sound pretty distorded, and not much fun to listen.

Can't you use the plug in power on the m10 for some 853's?
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.234 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com