Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So... What IS a w00k?  (Read 8026 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:So... What IS a w00k?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 06:41:47 PM »
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2004, 07:33:24 PM »
Tim.....I think I'd crop that and voila....new avitar. ;)
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2004, 08:09:06 PM »
Nothing is more disgusting that seeing a white person with dreads...just doesn't look right.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline sickrick43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2004, 11:46:15 PM »
Not all W00ks are bad...

As taping  rat dog show a couple of weeks ago and this hot chick was dancing in front of me. I was standing in front  of my taping gear and the chick fell back into me.  Like a good guy I caught her, THEN she took MY  hand and began feeling her up with IT!!!  I was like woohoo!!,  I tried to get Brian Costigan attention, but I don't think he saw it.

Morale of the story..... get behind a "hot chick" who is dancing and wait until she falls, then catch her!!!  ;D

I dunno brah <g>.  The wook-bitch that fell at moe was sorta hot, but I got over it quick when she fell on $12K worth of recording and camera gear.  She could'a offered oral, and I'd still would have wanted to choke her out.  Picked her up by her nasty dreads, and she said "thank you".  No "excuse me" or "I'm sorry".  Call me old, but I got no tolerance for that kind of crap anymore.

Moral of the story: If you can't handle drugs/alcohol - DON'T use them in public.

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2004, 01:04:48 AM »
If you can't handle drugs/alcohol - DON'T use them in public.

much agreed.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2004, 09:45:56 AM »
I think that most people who whould make that much of an effort to look that dirty, have no respect for themselves... it would be quite a stretch to think that they should have any respect for anyone else.

(**Note** Comments from the newly self-appointed resident philosifer are not meant to be used for major life changing decisions.  Please consult the works of assorted dead people to become properly confused.)
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline adventuregeorge

• Taperssection Member
  • Work, play hard, and... Drink Milk!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2004, 10:08:24 AM »
If you can't handle drugs/alcohol - DON'T use them in public.

much agreed.

I'll  second that

Offline adventuregeorge

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2004, 10:13:36 AM »
Not all W00ks are bad...

As taping  rat dog show a couple of weeks ago and this hot chick was dancing in front of me. I was standing in front  of my taping gear and the chick fell back into me.  Like a good guy I caught her, THEN she took MY  hand and began feeling her up with IT!!!  I was like woohoo!!,  I tried to get Brian Costigan attention, but I don't think he saw it.

Morale of the story..... get behind a "hot chick" who is dancing and wait until she falls, then catch her!!!  ;D

Alright let me clarify abit.... she may not been classiified as a w00k.... she didn't have dreads and she wasn't god aweful clothes.  She had a nice tight pair of jeans and t"shirt on, and damn she smelled fine  ;D  She just was ALOT drunk!!

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2004, 10:39:56 AM »
Not all W00ks are bad...

Alright let me clarify abit.... she may not been classiified as a w00k.... she didn't have dreads and she wasn't god aweful clothes.  She had a nice tight pair of jeans and t"shirt on, and damn she smelled fine  ;D  She just was ALOT drunk!!

I'm thinking she was a taper-groupie makin' a move... sounds like a missed oppertunity to me!!!  But at least you got to cop a feel.  So... were they nice? (her tits that is)
Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline adventuregeorge

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2004, 11:37:30 AM »
OH YA!!  ;D I'd venture to say 32C cupp REALLLLLY nice.

I have a girlfriend, so I considered this a little bonus :bigsmile:

Offline thedude65

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Super Newbie
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2004, 04:46:51 PM »
Hey Matt,
I saw that WU show too, it was hella cool.  That is odd that you couldnt get in with your rig because at the Particle show There were 3 rigs there.  maybe you were one of them.  At least the Wu is selling shows now, I want to buy the last 5 shows I have seen in the bast months.

Also I met a dude on STG that has a friend that Stealthed Both Dylan shows.  So its just a matter of time before they show up.

Offline mattb

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2004, 05:00:05 PM »
OH YA!!  ;D I'd venture to say 32C cupp REALLLLLY nice.

I have a girlfriend, so I considered this a little bonus :bigsmile:

What did your girlfriend think? Or did you uh, forget to tell her?
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2004, 05:10:43 PM »
At least the Wu is selling shows now, I want to buy the last 5 shows I have seen in the bast months.

wow... I didn't know they were selling shows.  That sucks as far as I'm concerned.  It's nice that they make them available, but charging for a boot is just hard for me to stomach.  Maybe that's why they were not letting people record?  I guess my dreams of running a sbd/mic matrix at a wu show are shot.  It was a great show though... other than the beer soaked dread incident!  
     As for Particle, I still have yet to see them, so I wasn't flyin' mics that night.  It's good to know that the Rave is taperfriendly... I think I would have seen Particle if I'd of known.  I also had free tix for Robert Randolph, and didn't make that either.  I was kind of anti rave for awhile there!  I'm sure I'll catch another show or two there this year... especially now that I know I can tape.  +T for the info!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 05:12:45 PM by mmmatt »

Offline thedude65

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Super Newbie
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2004, 05:22:04 PM »
Hey matt, I am not that disapointed about the Wu selling Matrix recordings Its a hell of a deal, $15 for 3 cds, liner notes and shiping. Its great for venues like The Rave. Plus they are offering box sets too, for a better deal. And I realy dont mind giving The Wu some of my cash.  Check out the link.
http://www.gratefulgaming.com/Wuvenir%20Portal.htm

I am disapointed that they are no longer going to let SBD pathces, but what can you do.  Also the Wu is still cool with taping.  I got a couple good shows from their barrymore performances from a guy named Matt N.  He runs Octvas.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2004, 06:08:12 PM »
you are right... I'm just bummed I won't get to play with my mixer at a wu show!  Let me know how they sound... I bought the sci new years run, and I was dissappointed.  I wonder who is doing the recordings for the wu... they don't even bring there own sound man on the road?

Matt

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.111 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com