Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG 414 Shock Mount, will it fit Shure A55m?  (Read 6450 times)

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: AKG 414 Shock Mount, will it fit Shure A55m?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 05:48:29 PM »
I ordered a couple of these last year when the seller was still on E---and they arrived fairly quickly.  I haven't ordered anything off the site you are all talking about now, but my past experience with them was fine.   

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 10:42:45 PM »
I received mine this past week while I was away on business, I'm pleased with the shipping time. The mounts are a little lighter duty than I hoped, they will work but who knows for how long. Also I couldn't remove two of the 3/8 adapters from the three mounts, they feel cross threaded & I didn't want to break them or pull the insert out with the threads still attached.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 11:54:56 PM »
I received mine this past week while I was away on business, I'm pleased with the shipping time. The mounts are a little lighter duty than I hoped, they will work but who knows for how long. Also I couldn't remove two of the 3/8 adapters from the three mounts, they feel cross threaded & I didn't want to break them or pull the insert out with the threads still attached.

It appears to be permanently in there with some Loctite or something like that.  I tried to remove it but it wasn't going to budge.  No real problem though, as you still have access to the 5/8" thread.  If for some reason your 5/8" mounting screw is bottoming out against the 3/8" adapter before you can get the mount fully tightened (as it does on the stereo bar I linked from this vendor), you simply go to your hardware store and get a thin neoprene washer to make up that 1/16" and you're set.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »
Yes, I was able to get another 3/8 adapter in there, it did bottom out with a thread or two still showing but it will work. Again for the money I think they are worth it, just better suited for small diaphragm mics.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 12:55:15 PM »
Yes, I was able to get another 3/8 adapter in there, it did bottom out with a thread or two still showing but it will work. Again for the money I think they are worth it, just better suited for small diaphragm mics.

If you are using something with a longer 3/8" threaded section you won't even need it.  A Manfrotto or Impact Rapid Adapter reaches the 3/8" threaded section of this mount no problem, as would 3/8" mounting knobs like those that Followinbob makes.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com