Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shure A53M work with Schoeps  (Read 1603 times)

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
Shure A53M work with Schoeps
« on: November 24, 2005, 02:35:30 AM »
Specifically I want to run CMC6Vs up and down (vertical), the diameter seems right (I have a kwon bar and it fits snugly but not crazy snugly like the AKGs).  These A53M grippy enough to hold them in place?  I have only one A20 and the Schoeps won't be here for a while.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Shure A53M work with Schoeps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 10:33:52 AM »
Specifically I want to run CMC6Vs up and down (vertical), the diameter seems right (I have a kwon bar and it fits snugly but not crazy snugly like the AKGs).  These A53M grippy enough to hold them in place?  I have only one A20 and the Schoeps won't be here for a while.

When I used to run the MBHO 603a>KA200n  I used the A53M shock mounts (they are the ones with the rubbber donuts right?) with the capsule or psuedo active (its really just a mini plug) portion of the setup with great success.  Since the diameter of the MBHO caps is the same I believe you will be successful.  You are going to LOVE the Vs in inverted XY.  Personally it is my favorite way to run the Vs.  What mount are you using for the A53Ms?  I have a shure mount (since Ian has it I cant give you the part number...send that back dude along with my other schoeps shock mount!!!!!!!  Dont lend Ian your gear you'll never see it again ;D) which works perfectly for this application.  Ian actually borrowed the mount to run the Vs in that manner at the Vegoose because I talked him into it.  I believe he also liked the result.

Good luck!

dd

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
Re: Shure A53M work with Schoeps
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:30:10 PM »
I figured it would fit pretty well.  I am using an Atlas T-bar, I can get 17 to 21 cm by turning the A53M in or out (without having the mic actually touch the T bar, i know...i should get an akg bar).  I am gauging this all on a DINA kwon bar I have for the AK40s I have.  I plan to use the bar as well for the MK4V KCY set up for stealth on a stand.  I know the KCY active will be a little loose in the neumann bar.  I plan to use a laboratory grade film sealer called Parafilm and wrap it around the end of the KCY active end that goes into the bar to make up the fraction of a milimeter difference in diameter.   

I am not giving you T+ anymore as per your request, and I can't bring myself to T- you either....so I hope a thank you will suffice. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.157 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com