Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Countryman B3 wiring?  (Read 3363 times)

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Whats next?
Countryman B3 wiring?
« on: May 27, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Trying to wire up a set of countryman b3's. they came witrh the ta4f with only pins 1,2,3 used. 1 was ground(with ground and black wire both), 3 had the red wire and 2 and 3 are jumped together with a resisitor. Trying to put these to ta3f with no luck? Anyone got any ides. Seems easy but can't seem to get it

Offline darktrain

• Whats next?
Re: Countryman B3 wiring?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »
well after some tinkering i think i just got it let me know if it sounds right. ta3f pin 1 ground, pin 3 black and jumpered between 1 and 3 is the resistor and pin 2 is red(which i assume is signal since now i get a nice clear sound from it)

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »
well after some tinkering i think i just got it let me know if it sounds right. ta3f pin 1 ground, pin 3 black and jumpered between 1 and 3 is the resistor and pin 2 is red(which i assume is signal since now i get a nice clear sound from it)
What are you using to power this?

If you're using a "standard" AT phantom power adapter, then you should probably have:
  - pin 1: black and shield
    pin 2: red
    resistor between pin 2 and pin 3.

Note that this is a different topology than the Shure connector (Shure uses a source resistor, this uses a drain resistor).

The standard AT connector supplies battery (~5V) on pin 3, and takes audio input on pin 2.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline darktrain

• Whats next?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:28:50 PM »
What are you using to power this?

If you're using a "standard" AT phantom power adapter, then you should probably have:
  - pin 1: black and shield
    pin 2: red
    resistor between pin 2 and pin 3.

Note that this is a different topology than the Shure connector (Shure uses a source resistor, this uses a drain resistor).

The standard AT connector supplies battery (~5V) on pin 3, and takes audio input on pin 2.

Richard

Just figured it out, should be good to go
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 12:18:54 AM by Darktrain »

Offline zeus163

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 06:39:50 PM »
Would love to see pictures of this.
Kangol wearing fool...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.301 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com