Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Alesis iO? Anybody try one of these things? How bout the MultiMix?  (Read 1650 times)

Offline taper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I'm trying to get as many opinions on these as I can (pre's, adc's). It seems the iO is gonna be better for straight recording, especially with the higher sampler rates, where as the multimix has a bunch of useless effects, eq trims, and other mixeresque functions.... i'm just looking to get as many channels to go in as i can... i can mess with it once its in the box. One thing I was wondering, I know the multimix can, but can the iO do standalone? I'm thinking not....and can the multimix take bus power as the iO can? Thanks for the responces.

Edit: The 8 outputs on the io26.... do they have to be fed out through the computer?... Or is there a way to get the analog signal to pass right through? The idea would be to pass the on-stage mics through the unit before running them into the pa... if this fed through the computer first there would be the delay and it would just be too unreliable.... I have a feeling the multimix would be better suited for this type of job...what say you? But I need that bus power...absent of that, anyone know what type of power the multimixers take? Walwart to dc would be ideal.

FWIW... I was orignially considering buying my friends USBPre for your average stereo live show, but I've now been approached more than once to do official recordings for bands and the 2 channels just isn't gonna cut it. So i want something that will double for both jobs. It's difficult making comprimises here... the iO 26 has the outputs but may use allot more battery than the iO14 would for a normal 2 mic show...plus draggin the 26 around everywhere is an issue because of size...but not too big of an issue...and then there's the whole issue I just mentioned with passing the PA inputs through the interface without having to go through the computer, which as far as i can tell, i would need the Multimixer for. Which isn't(?) bus powered so that's another can of worms.... so anyway...anyone with more experience feel free to chime in.

(Could someone move this into the computer section... sorry I was originally concerned mainly with the pre's and adc's but this probably belongs over there at this point)

P.S. I am really concerned about the pre's in these things...for this price they gotta be crap...no?

Edit edit: Sorry guys, just realized the iO's aren't out yet.... any preliminary thoughts on how they'll be?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 08:51:29 AM by taper420 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com