Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

MME Warning

(1/11) > >>

jpschust:
Just spoke to Gary at Apogee today.

WARNING!  Do not use your MME with an Eco-Charge 12v battery.  Mine and apparently 1 other have been destroyed because of it.  Apogee is taking care of this problem for free for us, but it destroyed mine.  

Apogee is trying to resolve the problem.  I'll let you know as I get more info.

Tim:
What the f**k!? Can you clarify what happened. I am so pissed off at Apogee right now. Has anybody written a stern but polite letter to those folks? I've dealt with them a ton in the past and they were always very cool but this MMe shit is getting silly. They should definetly make this up to those of us who have been waiting for *months* past the scheduled delivery date. I cannot believe this....

Tim

Craig T:
The MMe will work down to 8v.  Taking a 12v SLA down to 8v can damage it.  I think there are some "deep discharge" SLA's that may be able to do this without damage.

phriendlyguy:
i rest my case.  i have been saying the whole time that i think apogee flailed with this one.  they rushed to get it out and didn't work out the bugs.  glad i got my AD1000, glad i clipped my mme order, and glad i got a V3 on the way.  sorry to see people having to deal with all this bullshit.  i hope it all works out.  lets just wait and see what mr. grace has in store for us.  cant really run my mouth till it gets here, so lets hope for the best.  we need someone to figure it out, and do it right, obviously apogee can't.

JeffK:
Um... please clarify what you mean by this jpschust.  I don't have eco-charge brand batteries, I wired my own powersonic 12v/7ah SLA's, but they so far have worked fine with the Mini-Me.  Others obviously have worked fine too, since I've seen several other people running their MME's in the field now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version