Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Church Audio UBB Issue

<< < (2/10) > >>

vanark:
Unplugging the battery doesn't mean you are using the mics without power. It is more likely you are getting signal from the built-in mics at that point. Sorry, but I think you are confusing what the BB is supposed to be doing. It seems it is doing exactly what it should.

joeldotc:
I can tell you it's not the built-in mics. If I tap on the internal mics, it doesn't register anything, but if I tap on the CA14s then it picks up audio.

Further, I can't crank the gain any higher than it is - I'm playing music as loud as possible directly into the mics, I could be wrong, but surely the levels would be higher than -30dB -40dB?

vanark:
Line in or mic in on the recorder? What is the input set at?

If you are line in at anything other than near max, you are getting what I would expect.

joeldotc:
I'm going mic in, input at 80/80 with the Gain on hi - literally maxed out.

Here, I recorded music playing directly into the mic, then halfway through disconnected the battery from the UBB. You can see the peak in the middle which is me unplugging the battery. Left of that peak is CA14>UBB>MIC and the right side is the same with the battery disconnected. Clearly, nothing is getting through the UBB with the battery plugged into the UBB even with the gain as high as possible.

vanark:
Definitely something wrong. I would try to have Chris diagnose it.

Where are you located? You can use my UBB if you are local to Boston.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version