Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: xACT 2.0  (Read 29613 times)

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: xACT 2.0
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2016, 10:53:08 PM »
Me again.

Any chance we can implement a write with replay gain output, specifically track gain..? Used to do this with Fb2k, but I have been mac only for years...

Trying to make a mix and to be able to load a track in to the window and have the output be a wav file with replaygain- track gain applied.

Many thanks.
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2016, 09:23:46 AM »
Me again.

Any chance we can implement a write with replay gain output, specifically track gain..? Used to do this with Fb2k, but I have been mac only for years...

Trying to make a mix and to be able to load a track in to the window and have the output be a wav file with replaygain- track gain applied.

Many thanks.

Does the "add flac replay gain" in the util tab not do what you need?

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2016, 09:29:09 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me. No, it does not because it simply adds the info to the metadata, which is what we want in most cases...

But to make a mix of various sources, I would like to add track gain, and then write a wav file with the gain applied, not simply write a flag with the metadata included...

Thanks.
-macdaddy ++

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 09:32:56 AM »
so you want the files processed with actual gain increases? i guess i could add that to the list

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2016, 08:34:40 PM »
so you want the files processed with actual gain increases? i guess i could add that to the list
A linear calculation to raise levels to a selectable threshold would be cool. Maybe I want to max at -0.0, maybe -0.1, maybe -0.2!?? This could replace the "normalize" step in some folks' workflow. It could also be useful when converting older filesets to a favorite jukebox filetype. (e.g. convert to aac128 and set max levels at -0.2!?)

I <3 xACT!
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »
yes. With the track gain, not album gain...

Thanks so much!
-macdaddy ++

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2016, 08:11:36 PM »
yes. With the track gain, not album gain...

Thanks so much!

Bump.

I actually just used home brew to install flac and i can do this from the terminal window / command line using the "apply replay gain which is not lossless" command.

Sorry to have bothered you, and Again, thank you very much.
-macdaddy ++

Offline morst

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2018, 05:41:46 PM »
Hello Scott! I would like to bump this topic because I have a feature request.

Could you please implement something like rsync so that I can use xACT to securely move files from my sd card, with verification?

Thanks for all the great work! For reference, I'm currently on xACT v2.44, under Yosemite, or perhaps I'll try my High Sierra install if I have to.

This is why I have started making MD5 checksums on the original files on the SD cards. If a FLAC operation could go wrong, so could a file transfer (copy).

You know, those files on your hard drive are COPIES of the masters, unless you are saving the SD cards or something!?

To be truly paranoid, I would want to run the checksum operation twice on the original to be sure that THOSE are the same.

My reasoning ,no matter how perfect it  is  (flac) I’d prefer the wav vs flac. Flac is compression ,and things *can go wrong*  would you rather have a dat master Or a dat clone? They are identical but most people would choose the master I think.

Offline scb

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2018, 03:47:30 PM »
Hello Scott! I would like to bump this topic because I have a feature request.

Could you please implement something like rsync so that I can use xACT to securely move files from my sd card, with verification?

Thanks for all the great work! For reference, I'm currently on xACT v2.44, under Yosemite, or perhaps I'll try my High Sierra install if I have to.

This is why I have started making MD5 checksums on the original files on the SD cards. If a FLAC operation could go wrong, so could a file transfer (copy).

You know, those files on your hard drive are COPIES of the masters, unless you are saving the SD cards or something!?

To be truly paranoid, I would want to run the checksum operation twice on the original to be sure that THOSE are the same.

My reasoning ,no matter how perfect it  is  (flac) I’d prefer the wav vs flac. Flac is compression ,and things *can go wrong*  would you rather have a dat master Or a dat clone? They are identical but most people would choose the master I think.

You basically want an rsync wrapper to choose a file or files to read and a location to copy to?

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2018, 04:14:14 PM »
Nothing to add, except thank you.

music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2018, 10:45:36 PM »
Nothing to add, except thank you.

yup. I use it every day.

+t
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline relefunt

• Taperssection Member
  • kindfulness
    • Milwaukee Taper
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2018, 11:52:04 PM »
I use it almost every day and I am so glad it exists. On my blog I always link to the download page.
AKG c414xls, Beyerdynamic MC930, Line Audio CM3 and OM1. Superluxe S502mk2
Sneaky: Church CA11+14, Audiotechnica AT853.
Preamps: Shure FP24, CA9200.
Recorder: Sound Devices MixPre6, Roland R05, Sony M10.
my local taping blog: milwaukeetaper.com

Offline morst

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2018, 01:21:40 AM »
You basically want an rsync wrapper to choose a file or files to read and a location to copy to?
Yes, please!

"rsync" would probably be it's own new tab, and have radio button check box options for the user to control a few of the key flags? (recursion, delete original, etc)

The main thing I'd be looking for is some sort of verification feature, but the rsync manual page seems to indicate that rsync does what I would want as a matter of course!
"rsync always verifies that each transferred file was correctly reconstructed on the receiving side by checking a whole-file checksum that is generated as the file is transferred"

I guess it would be cool to spit out the stats in a new window, in case the user wanted to copy them down or save them.

xACT is already indispensible, but this would be a very handy feature for me. Thanks!!

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
Crucial app.

Adding my appreciation.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2018, 06:06:59 PM »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.202 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com