Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack Appreciation Thread  (Read 7658 times)

Offline Gizby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Microtrack Appreciation Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2006, 03:59:24 PM »
Using my MT with 1/4'" input and an AT822 flawlessly for 4 months every Wednesday and Thursday night for a local group. Question, when using  the S/PDIF input are you required  to record at 24bit or can you still record at 16bit? Trying to replace a phantom unit and pre-amp/ AD converter with one box, because I love the MT. currently running MBHO603 > PS2 > AD-20 > D8
You can run either one.
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 05:38:44 PM »
Have had my unit for about 2 yrs?, got it very early after release as an upgrade/replacement for my T8 and Coresound binaurals - recorded about 10 shows with the coresunds and the MT.  I've since made the investment in some full size mics (AKG 391's) input in the TRS, but have only taped about 5 shows with the new mics.  Some of the recordings have come out shockingly good, and one has made its way onto my mp3 player as my favorite version of a particular song!

My only issue now is pure user - between the H/M/L settings and 27db boost on/off the MT, coupled with the roll off/presence/pad switch on the mics, I still haven't figured out wich combinations are best in which circumstances!  Once I dial it in right I'm sure I'll be able to outdo my current best recording, which interestingly was done with the Coresounds, not the AKGs (just happened to hit the settings right for that one).  Sad that my problem is too many options...-grin-

Off topic, I'll be recording a friend's band in 2 weeks and am interested in possibly going to an offboard preamp or preamp/ADC - given my mikes and a desire to spend something south of $500, any suggestions?

Thanks!

AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline NJFunk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 12:56:20 PM »
Have had my unit for about 2 yrs?, got it very early after release as an upgrade/replacement for my T8 and Coresound binaurals - recorded about 10 shows with the coresunds and the MT.  I've since made the investment in some full size mics (AKG 391's) input in the TRS, but have only taped about 5 shows with the new mics.  Some of the recordings have come out shockingly good, and one has made its way onto my mp3 player as my favorite version of a particular song!

My only issue now is pure user - between the H/M/L settings and 27db boost on/off the MT, coupled with the roll off/presence/pad switch on the mics, I still haven't figured out wich combinations are best in which circumstances!  Once I dial it in right I'm sure I'll be able to outdo my current best recording, which interestingly was done with the Coresounds, not the AKGs (just happened to hit the settings right for that one).  Sad that my problem is too many options...-grin-

Off topic, I'll be recording a friend's band in 2 weeks and am interested in possibly going to an offboard preamp or preamp/ADC - given my mikes and a desire to spend something south of $500, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Look for a performance modded (Oade P, P+, T, T+, W, or W+ or Busman bm2p+) UA-5 in yard sale.  That would be ideal for the 391s.

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 05:28:18 PM »
Thanks NJFunk!  I was leaning that way, maybe a UA5 W+.....
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com