Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rather specific DAP question  (Read 2658 times)

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Rather specific DAP question
« on: December 07, 2020, 05:06:50 PM »
I dropped my Hidizs AP80 the other day, about 6 feet onto a carpeted surface, but no pad underneath. The push button/dial no longer works, apparently it landed directly on that. I liked the device but I did not like how it handled un-tagged file sets, it basically dumped them all into a single folder "Unknown album" and would play them in alphabetical order.

So my question is - anyone familiar with a compact DAP in the $100-200 range that keeps all folders as separate folders regardless of tagging? I'm not going to spend a bunch of time tagging everything that is un-tagged. I basically want the device to maintain the file structure in the same manner as a computer, separate labelled folders, and to play through the files similarly.
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: Rather specific DAP question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 05:56:56 PM »
My FiiO X1 does that - I can see all the folders and then the files underneath, tagged or not.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com