Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: need help with matrix with CEP2.1  (Read 3939 times)

rabhan

• Trade Count: (0)
need help with matrix with CEP2.1
« on: December 04, 2003, 12:16:31 PM »
so i have two waveforms, one aud and one sbd timealigned and loaded into CEP 2.1. how do i adjust the mix to turn down the aud source, right now i am assuming they are 50/50 during playback. anyone with matrix skills? bueller? neo? then how do i save the one output waveform?

rabhan

Re:need help with matrix with CEP2.1
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 12:19:39 PM »
do i adjust waveform volume and back off the db of each source til i get lower and smoother levels and the appropriate mix?

rabhan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 12:43:05 PM »
well i got the aud source at -15 and the sbd at 0, sounds pretty nice, it killed the chatter but kept the room ambiance, just gotta tweak it now......

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 01:53:22 PM »
Are you talking to yourself again John? ;D
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

rabhan

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 02:27:28 PM »
always

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 02:57:24 PM »
Also, you might want to make do your mixing in 32 bit and dither later.
options, settings, multitrack, mixdowns - set to 32 bit

Just look out for any clipping when you add the two sources together.  You may have to back down the one that's set at 0 (because they add together).  Pick the loudest spot, do the mixdown and see if it clips.  You can keep the same balance by lowering each source by the same amount.

Whatcha mixing?
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

rabhan

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 03:02:30 PM »
mixing the band i have been working with: http://black-eyedsusan.org/
i taped the show last monday at a small bar that sounds like ass. i ran mics > v3 > laptop at 16/44 and sbd > ua5 > d8 at 16/44. i cut them in cdwav to get them at the same starting point and over the course of the short show, there was no need to stretch either source. i have them loaded into cep and currently have the sbd at -2 and the aud at -20.  it sounds really close to the sbd but adds just a little warmth to the recording. it says it is in 32bit mixing mode right now at the bottom. i think found the best adjustments, what is the way to now save this?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 03:50:30 PM by Rabhan »

rabhan

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 03:17:53 PM »
"save mixdown as" is what i just selected.....

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 06:43:54 PM »
mixing the band i have been working with: http://black-eyedsusan.org/
i taped the show last monday at a small bar that sounds like ass. i ran mics > v3 > laptop at 16/44 and sbd > ua5 > d8 at 16/44. i cut them in cdwav to get them at the same starting point and over the course of the short show, there was no need to stretch either source. i have them loaded into cep and currently have the sbd at -2 and the aud at -20.  it sounds really close to the sbd but adds just a little warmth to the recording. it says it is in 32bit mixing mode right now at the bottom. i think found the best adjustments, what is the way to now save this?
id like to hear that when you're done.  Ive done some taping for the bridge here in baltimore and black eyed susan contacted me about taping but they play the over 18 venues so i couldn't help.  Ive heard they're pretty good.  Ive been thinking about running some matrices with the 2003 winter phish tour.  Ill do it someday.

rabhan

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 08:27:39 PM »
yeah, they are really awesome d00ds and they can jam out too. i have become friends with them which doesnt hurt either. last monday was at fletchers and that place is a shithole. pm me your address and i will send you a cd.

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 12:15:02 PM »
"save mixdown as" is what i just selected.....

On my version, it's edit, mixdown to file, all waves.

That gives you the 32 bit mixdown.  You can either dither in CEP when you save or save as a 32 bit file and dither in Wavelab with that UV22HR thing that everybody is hot on.

When you go 'save as' in CEP, there's an options box (beside the help button) where you can select the format - if you choose 32-bit normalized Float, you'll see the dither box go grey, meaning no dither is required since you're saving in 32 bit.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com