Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom F3 Part 2  (Read 11343 times)

mrfender and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Zoom F3 Part 2
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2024, 03:51:56 PM »
Well that's a bummer. I wasn't aware. Hopefully a sale comes your way soon!

Thanks. Either that or somebody here (not in this thread, most likely) has one for sale.  :)

Or someone from down here traveling there can bring one.

I like your way of thinking.  :)
Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4 | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Decks: (under construction) | Power: (under construction)

Offline adrianf74

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2024, 04:49:21 PM »
EDIT: Just pulled the trigger on the Amazon US deal.  Had hoped to find one second hand, however, at the price being the second lowest ATL on Amazon, it made sense to (especially when it was about US$100 cheaper after exchange than buying it locally).

Questions from before:

1. Assuming screen can be dimmed and backlight can be turned off, etc., is there away to turn the screen off as well to save battery time? 
2. Assuming it's gaffer tape over the red light and there's no way to turn it off in the settings.
3. What kind of run-times are people getting for 32/48 with +48V phantom power being on with either Eneloop Pros or Lithium Batteries?

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:11:51 PM by adrianf74 »
Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4 | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Decks: (under construction) | Power: (under construction)

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2024, 08:30:16 PM »
Congrats.  Not sure I can answer your questions.  I use the phone app and just put  the F3 in a pocket so the lights are not visible.  The bluetooth app is not entirely stable but the recorder stays as is if I lose the connection.  I run it with the NBox Platinum so I d not know much running 48V phantom.

Offline adrianf74

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2024, 10:10:57 PM »
Congrats.  Not sure I can answer your questions.  I use the phone app and just put  the F3 in a pocket so the lights are not visible.  The bluetooth app is not entirely stable but the recorder stays as is if I lose the connection.  I run it with the NBox Platinum so I d not know much running 48V phantom.

Thanks.  Heading back to Zoomieland with the F3 and F6.  Bluetooth on the SD MixPre-6 II that I own can lose its mind as well so this is nothing new, lol.  Assuming you've just turned off the backlight, dimmed the display, taped up the red light and just lock the recorder and do the start stop from the app?

Guess I'll find out about batteries soon enough. 

Offline fanofjam

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2024, 10:49:30 PM »
EDIT: Just pulled the trigger on the Amazon US deal.  Had hoped to find one second hand, however, at the price being the second lowest ATL on Amazon, it made sense to (especially when it was about US$100 cheaper after exchange than buying it locally).

Questions from before:

1. Assuming screen can be dimmed and backlight can be turned off, etc., is there away to turn the screen off as well to save battery time? 
2. Assuming it's gaffer tape over the red light and there's no way to turn it off in the settings.
3. What kind of run-times are people getting for 32/48 with +48V phantom power being on with either Eneloop Pros or Lithium Batteries?

Thanks all!

1) Screen actually can't be dimmed, but it can be turned on an off.  The screen contrast can be adjusted, but that isn't necessarily a dimming function.
2) The red light can't be turned off, so yeah it's tape if you're concerned about the shine.  But as other have said, carrying it in your pocket is the way to go.  I don't use the bluetooth dongel cause I don't particularly care about checking anything during the show other than to know I'm still rolling and batteries aren't dead.  I just hit record and hold, make sure it's recording and then never think about it again until I'm in the car after the show.
3) I'm pretty sure I saw someone report back earlier in this thread that they got 8 hours with lithium batteries AND phantom.  Seems like Eneloops were giving people long enough for an entire show...five plus hours.  I use a small external so can't tell you from my own experience, but if you want to know definitely, the answer for both battery types is definitely buried in this thread somewhere. 

Offline unidentified

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #125 on: Today at 12:19:48 PM »
I like putting the F3s in pockets  after I've engaged the hold buttons, but I have noticed with both of my F3s that the units will get pretty warm, if not hot, after an hour or two of use under those conditions. In these cases I am running small external batteries and am powering Line Audio CM3s. Not a big deal, but also not something I've noticed with any other small portable recorder.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:21:31 PM by unidentified »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com