Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: USB power bank for DR-701D (Tascam DR-70D) and Actives and/or Plus P48 mics  (Read 6380 times)

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Hey everyone,

Just putting the finishing touches on my new rig.  Recently upgraded to a Tascam DR-701D (from a 70D) and have a pair of nBob actives (with Baby nBox for the time being) that run off Mic Input, Low Gain, *NO* P48.  I'll be adding in a pair of Line Audio CM3's that require P48 as well.  I won't always run both sets of mics and I might also pick up a PFA for the nBob actives to simply run the CK63's to the deck without the Baby nBox. 

That said, with these power requirements, what sized battery should I look at picking up?  I was thinking between 13000 and 20000 mAh would do the job but I'm wondering what kind of run time these would get with either?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4 | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Decks: (under construction) | Power: (under construction)

Offline EmRR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ElectroMagnetic Radiation Recorders
I've been running a 12000mAh and it sure looks like it'd go all day with no problem, running (3) Sennheiser MKH series mics.
Mics: DPA 4060 w/MPS 6030 PSU/DAD6001/DAD4099, Neumann KM 131, Oktava MK 012, Sennheiser MKH 105, MKH 20, MKH 30, MKH 40, MKH 800 TWIN
Recorders: Zoom F8n, Sony MZ-R50

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
I ran my NBob_AKGs with PFAs for about 8 hours at one event and used about 1/2 of a 14000

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Thanks guys.  Will probably just pick up a 20000mAh power bank since they're not that much more expensive and there is about a 20% loss off the top.  Doubt I'll ever be somewhere for more than 8-10 hours in a shot but always good to have that ability should I need it.
Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4 | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Decks: (under construction) | Power: (under construction)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.21 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com