Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Battery box rule of thumb\best practices  (Read 2812 times)

Offline StarkRavingCalm

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Battery box rule of thumb\best practices
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:07:58 PM »
Bought one of these the other day and ran it last night:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EA1P8OI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The next show I am going to tape is not for another 3 weeks. What do people normally do with these?

Drain them so they can give them a full charge the next time?
Keep it turned off and use it again at the next show?
How often do you swap them out?

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Battery box rule of thumb\best practices
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »
I'm sure Bri's gonna move this to 'Remote Power' shortly.  In before the move. ;)

Firstly, you've got an External Battery and not a Battery Box - a battery box is used to power mics.  :)

Secondly, here's what your technical specs say about your product:

•Samsung Grade A cell and premium microchips ensure high quality batteries; Premium aluminum case provides enhanced protection; Secured battery safety with 4 layers of smart safety protection circuit; Advanced power lock technology with standby time up to 6 months after fully charged. 500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery.

Seeing that you can probably get 10-12 hours out of it, I wouldn't charge it again just yet.  Since it can hold its juice for up to 6 months, I'd say you're safe to just keep it aside and not power it up/charge it.   

There should be no battery effect.

Swap out depends on how many times a year you plan on charging it.  It also says 500+ recharge cycles so you could - in theory - recharge it daily for the next year and a half if you felt so inclined.  ;)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Battery box rule of thumb\best practices
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 10:12:24 PM »
I would record a home to see what you get for run times but as stated you will prob get 10+ hrs so no need to charge it after each show
Or if you know the power draw you can do math to figure out a ball park run time
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com