Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: demo'd a portico last Fri  (Read 12948 times)

Offline orechall

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: demo'd a portico last Fri
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »
I got mine 2 weeks ago and have run it 4 nights. My impressions of it are that for on stage instrumental music it has way more detail then most of the other pres I have run. (I've run almost everything portable)  Also it has amazing imaging when run on stage there was a real sense of space and distance between the instruments, once again much more than any other pre, I've run.  I ran it in silk and without.  My impression of this is that the silk is very warm and colored, thick, big, like a sweatshirt fresh from the dryer on a winter night.  With out silk I found it to be much more transparent, with more pronunced highs, more focused tigher, punchier bass, a little bright.  When I ran it in larger venues ortf, it sounded like my mics were at least 1/3 closer to the source than with previous pres, while still exibiting the same forementioned qualities.  There is a Moe from the filmore denver up on cotapers.org and also etree.  It is however a 4 mic mix

great post, +T

+T for the info I was going to make a move to get one of these since I figured with the silk mode they would pair up nicely with my JW mods and I havent ruled it out just got sidetracked and picked up a 148 for the time being...I still want to run one of these some day.
DPA 4023's & 4028's->Lunatec V2 /Lunatec ACM V3/Sonosax SX-M2/AETA PSP-3(x2)

Hi-Ho Silver Cables and Interconnects

Offline THE NIZ BIAAAAACH!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Mr T don't partake in no sombrero activities!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 04:38:55 PM »

[/quote]

+T for the info I was going to make a move to get one of these since I figured with the silk mode they would pair up nicely with my JW mods and I havent ruled it out just got sidetracked and picked up a 148 for the time being...I still want to run one of these some day.
[/quote]

No offense, but you should be taken out back and shot for saying 148 and in the mean time in the same sentence.  No just kidding, but I probably wouldn't consider one better then the other.
mk21+mk4>kc5>cmc6>portico 5012>722
24\96 in your ass bitches!

Offline trajhip2000

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »
I ended up buying it - sounds amazing on the guitar amp, a big punchy sound.

how are people powering it in the field, where did you get your battery cable? thx.

Steve

Offline THE NIZ BIAAAAACH!

• Taperssection Member
  • Mr T don't partake in no sombrero activities!
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 02:35:20 PM »
I made the cable, all you need is a power cable from any 12v device wall wart which you can buy at wallyworld, hack it and solder it.  I'll be running a 122amp hr lion for my whole rig.  This comes with a power cord.
mk21+mk4>kc5>cmc6>portico 5012>722
24\96 in your ass bitches!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com