Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Belkin iPod Portable Stereo Recording  (Read 1487 times)

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
Belkin iPod Portable Stereo Recording
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:31:15 AM »
- What's this knob do?

Offline taper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Belkin iPod Portable Stereo Recording
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »
when is someone just gonna make a spidf > USB? One that can mount any type of USB mass storage device, and then store the bits on it? USB sticks, card readers, portable drives.... it would make things so much easier. And it's not like it can't be done.

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Belkin iPod Portable Stereo Recording
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »
I think a lot of tapers are mislabeling and minimalizing the wave recorders with a digital input as being only a "bit bucket". When a DAT recorder was patched out of an outboard A/D, and it captured the linear digital audio stream, that truely was nothing more than a "bit bucket".

A wave recorder is a small computer. Regardless of the memory storage used, HDD or flash memory, what these recorders are doing exceeds what a DAT recorder did.

The recorder is taking either an analog input run through it's own A/D, or a PCM digital audio stream through it's digital input, and writing the information to a workable computer file type, wav, bwf, aiff, etc.

The idea of a recorder that does all this, and then uses an outboard file storage medium is not hard to imagine. I could think of a recorder where a USB drive can be popped into the side, for example.

However, when I think of most flash recorders, their size is dictated by the inputs and control surfaces, not the memory system. A recorder offering full size XLR connections, for example, would not be any smaller if the flash card slot was left out.
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com