Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tracking 96/24 Files-PCM Issue w/CD Wave  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Weirdness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
Tracking 96/24 Files-PCM Issue w/CD Wave
« on: November 23, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
Hi Everybody!!!
     I am starting to get the hang of working with 24 bit files but that being said, it's a bit of a pain in the ass overall.  Anyways, I have always used CD Wave to track my 44.1/16 recordings because of the sector boundry issue and although CD Wave seems to handle 96/24 files fine, when they are saved they are not still pcm files as the original was when I opened it up.  After I save the file, if I go to open it back up in Vegas where I do my dithering and so forth, the files will not open.  I have to go into Audacity and export the files as pcm and then it will work no problem.  The files are exactly the same size when they are pcm after saving from Audacity as they were when they came out of CD Wave so I assume that it's not a problem but it's just an extra step that I would like to avoid if possible.  Can I or should I be tracking the files using Audacity or Vegas without worrying about sector boundary issues?  I did a couple of searches and couldn't find anything, if anyone can shed some light it would be greatly appreciated...

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Tracking 96/24 Files-PCM Issue w/CD Wave
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »
You just need to save the 24 bit files with the 'alternate' box checked in the save dialog box in CDWave

Offline Weirdness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
Re: Tracking 96/24 Files-PCM Issue w/CD Wave
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com