Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Basic Photo Troubleshooting Question  (Read 2472 times)

Offline cottle

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
Basic Photo Troubleshooting Question
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm sure (or at least I'm hoping) that the remedy to my problem is something simple that I've just overlooked.

I need to take some pictures of somethign to post in the yardsale.  Well, I finally found my camera, and it doesn't want to work.  When I switch it into picture taking mode, the screen is black (no, the lens cover is not on).  At first I thought it was the batteries, so I bought fresh ones....same issue.  I would assume that the Camera was broken, but when I switch it into photo viewing mode, all of the images saved on my CF card come up with no problems at all.  I've expiremented with the settings, but it hasn't made any difference.  The model is a Canon Powershot something-or-other (A30?, I think). 

The camera has never been stored anywhere other than in a closet in my home, where neither temperature nor humidity should be a concern.  What would cause a camera (that was never used very much) to stop working or go black after only about four or five years?  Is it just a setting or something?

Any input is very much appreciated!

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Basic Photo Troubleshooting Question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 02:01:56 PM »
what happens when you take a picture? Does it take the pic and save it to the memory card? do you hear the shutter release? does the camera display anything on any other mode?

If the camera is four or five years old, it may have died since that can happen with electronics from time to time.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline cottle

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 02:43:36 PM »
When I take a picture, it acts as if it's working. then the "picture" is saved on my memory card.  When I go to view it, it's just blackness.

I know the thing worked about a year ago, because my buddy's wedding pictures are still on there.  Don't think I've tried to use it since though.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 09:41:48 PM »
very common problem, and it happened to mine also.  here is how i fixed it

http://www.avh.dds.nl/Fix-Canon-SD600-Lens-Error/
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.234 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com