Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: power core sound HEB/DPA4061 with church audio power supply?  (Read 2926 times)

Offline bonghitwillie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
power core sound HEB/DPA4061 with church audio power supply?
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »
i have a set of the core sound hebs.  these are dpa4061's.  can i use them with the cheap/basic 9v power supply that church sound has (9v batt is exposed).  the church sound power supply is 1/8"M trs I/O.  the heb's have the shure ta4f and a 1/8"M trs.  i would plug the heb trs part into the church power supply.  will 9v fry out the mics?  thx in advance.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: power core sound HEB/DPA4061 with church audio power supply?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »
Yes.  DPA sells a BB, quite expensive, whihc is a 9 volt power supply for the 406n's
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »
No, it won't fry, but it won't power them either. The Core battery box is what the TA4F plugs into. The mics come out of the TA4F and also the 1/8" plug that goes to the recorder. If you don't have the TA4F plugged into the Core BB, there is no connection between the mics and the 1/8" plug.

In this thread acidjack mentioned a "cap" to go on the TA4F (mini XLR) to allow the use of other battery boxes. I PM'd him about it but haven't heard back. Chris Church also said somewhere don't do it because the polarity is reversed. But as long you figure out what each connection in the TA4F/Core BB/Church BB do, it should work fine, right?

Core HEB:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:12:18 PM by jefflester »
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:45:25 PM »
i have a set of the core sound hebs.  these are dpa4061's.  can i use them with the cheap/basic 9v power supply that church sound has (9v batt is exposed).  the church sound power supply is 1/8"M trs I/O.  the heb's have the shure ta4f and a 1/8"M trs.  i would plug the heb trs part into the church power supply.  will 9v fry out the mics?  thx in advance.

Remove the ta4f and install a 3.5 mm stereo plug. And you can connect them directly to my battery box or preamp. The TA4F is input / output. And with out making an adaptor that would cost more then installing a 3.5 mm connector on the DPA mics.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »
Jeff,

Sorry for not replying sooner.  This "cap" was made by a buddy of mine-- he doesn't really sell or produce them, just happened to have an "extra" lying around, so I don't feel comfortable giving out his info.  He reads this board from time to time, though, so he can comment if he wants.  He said it's pretty easy to make - it basically is just something to close the circuit with a little rubber on top if it.  I say "basically" but of course, I'm not technical enough to do it :)

I will try and post pics if I can.

No, it won't fry, but it won't power them either. The Core battery box is what the TA4F plugs into. The mics come out of the TA4F and also the 1/8" plug that goes to the recorder. If you don't have the TA4F plugged into the Core BB, there is no connection between the mics and the 1/8" plug.

In this thread acidjack mentioned a "cap" to go on the TA4F (mini XLR) to allow the use of other battery boxes. I PM'd him about it but haven't heard back. Chris Church also said somewhere don't do it because the polarity is reversed. But as long you figure out what each connection in the TA4F/Core BB/Church BB do, it should work fine, right?

Core HEB:

Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 05:41:31 PM »
Okay, thanks for the response.

The advantage with using a "cap" instead just hacking off the TA4F and replacing with a 1/8" plug is so that the Core BB could still be used if necessary, for whatever reason.
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com