Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M Audio Audiophile USB  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Gil

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
M Audio Audiophile USB
« on: May 11, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »
Is this bit perfect? I'm looking for some transfer options since I'm probably going to be getting a laptop shortly and will therefore have to say goodbye to my precious 2496  :(
"Let's go do some crimes."

"To his mind, an opportunity to insult a successful ape came from the hand of Providence."

Teac ME-80(cards & omnis), AT943(hypers)>Tascam DR-2d

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: M Audio Audiophile USB
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 02:03:29 PM »
M Audio has terrible, probably the worst, customer service ever.  I know because I currently own two units. 
They work great when they work.  If theybdon't work, and you can't figure it out, then God help you.  I spent one hour 30 minutes on hold with customer service, to learn that he didn't know about the issue.

My experience is that any tweek of the unit or your computer will cause the drivers to corrupt.  So I figured this out on my own, and the typical drill when that happens is to turn the unit off, unistall the drivers, reinstall the drivers (dl and install), then power up the unit again and pray.  This seems to work 90% of the time. 

I miss my Layla unit........
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: M Audio Audiophile USB
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:14:45 AM »
I'd second that.  My very expensive (PCI) card works well but support is awful.  They only issued a Vista driver AFTER W7 was released.   It works with W7, but only after you've worked out how to manipulate the External / Internal settings - nothing on their site gives you a clue.   Luckily there are some excellent forums.   But, 10 years on, I've got to admit their products are well made, robust and reliable.   On balance, the driver hassle was relatively minor.   And yes, I understand my Dio 2496 is bit perfect. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com