Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: OCM PMD661 not being recognized by soundforge or windows media player  (Read 1973 times)

Offline martygene

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
anyone have a problem getting files to be recognized from the PMD661??? i can play back the recorded file on the 661 but when i put it on the computer no program will play it... i recorded it as a 24 bit, 44k, wav file.  i just error messages that basicly say that this file isn't recognized by this application.
any ideas???
thanks

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
I don't have a marantz deck, but you should try to open the file in wavelab with the raw option under the file header.  You will be asked the format and settings of the file you are opening....   

Offline martygene

• Taperssection Newbie
can't get wavelab to install on my windows 7 64 bit computer.

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Pull the SD card out the 661 and put it in a card reader and see if that works.

Offline martygene

• Taperssection Newbie
that's what i did... no dice..

Offline martygene

• Taperssection Newbie
i can get it to open in audacity but not soundforge. SF says: an error occured reading the file. make sure you have read access to file and that it is not corrupted". and windows media player won't open it on my XP machine but it will on the win7 machine. WEIRD....

Offline martygene

• Taperssection Newbie
i opened it in audacity and saved it as a .wav file and now it opens in soundforge. but i certainly don't want to do that every time i want to edit a 661 file in soundforge. does anyone with a 661 have any idea if there is some setting in the 661 that i can use to get it work properly?
thanks

Offline ghellquist

• Taperssection Member
and windows media player won't open it on my XP machine but it will on the win7 machine. WEIRD....
Seen similar things here. Believe that media player on xp will not play 24 bit files as standard -- works fine on Vista / win7.
// gunnar

Offline martygene

• Taperssection Newbie
thanks for that. i will set the 661 for 16bit and do a sample record and see if that works.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com