Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: B&W 683's  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Əkoostikal

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • One of these days....
B&W 683's
« on: July 09, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
Anyone have a pair or had a pair of 683's? I have been seriously considering a pair and have not been able to listen to a set. I was mainly wondering how the bass response was since they only use 6.5" drivers for the low end. I am thinking I may still need a sub which I am trying to stay away from. I would much rather prefer just a set of towers. I am also considering a set of Klipsch RF-82 II's. They use a pair if 8's or the low end and the sensitivity is much higher than the B&W (98db vs. 90db) meaning I can get more output with less wattage. Right now I they will be powered by a Pioneer Elite VSX-33 (110wpc) which is not ideal but is what I have to work with right now. I plan on moving on to a Grace m903 paired with Rotel amps within the next year but right now the Pioneer will have to do.

I was just mainly wondering the overall impression with either the 683's or the RF-82's if anyone has them..... Are you happy with them?..... Anything better in the price range? ($1200 - $1500 retail)
BONGWATER via Etree:

"Phil Keeps on growing, never even slowing, never really knowing all of the minds he's really blowing!!!!!"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com