Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church mic advice  (Read 3747 times)

Offline KISSFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Church mic advice
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
Question for people using battery boxes with their mics. Specifically Church CAFS> ugly. How often/when do you determine when to change the 9v battery in the battery box? Do you look at the calendar and change every specific time period (2 months/3 months etc) or do you look at your output and change when you have recorded 10 shows/20 shows etc? Or do you actually keep track of how many hours have been taped and change after 100 hours or ?
My old battery box battery on CSB would last forever. But these last considerably less and just looking to hear what others do.

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Church mic advice
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
I keep mics unplugged from battery box when not taping, they do draw power just sitting there. I replace mine only like once a year, I tape maybe 50 or so shows in that time. I put a piece of tape with the date marked in sharpie on the battery to make sure I remember. That 's worked for me for a long time. Others may suggest otherwise, but thats a real simple solution.

Offline scrtaper

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Church mic advice
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
I just hook the batter to a dmm, when it gets below 8V i throw it in a drawer for use in smoke detectors, i usually use one battery in the ugly 2 for 15-25 hours, althought this last one i used from over 40 hours so???
Gafell M94w PM750 cards> Rode M5 > Nak CP-1,CP-2,CP-4 >Superlux S502
Ugly Box 2
Sound Devices Mix Pre 6ii>Tascam DR60D MKII > R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com