Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

Canon VIXIA HF r800

<< < (3/3)

guitard:

--- Quote from: mattmiller on December 01, 2022, 11:15:59 AM ---I know there's debate about the necessity of 4k vs. 1080.  I decided to target 4k ... out of an assumption that I would be somewhat futureproofing as 4k becomes more standard.
--- End quote ---

As of 2022, 4K resolution is the standard for new TVs.  And 6K and 8K video cameras are readily available.  But resolutions are just going to continue to improve; so you just gotta jump on and roll with it.  Because having the "best" only ever lasts for a few months before another "best" is available.

Elvis Hitler:
I have one of these, and while the picture quality can't compete with some of my larger and more expensive cameras, it's by far the smallest and most portable camcorder I own.  It could literally fit in a shirt pocket.  I found a used one on ebay for under $50!  Another great feature it has is an external mic input, if you want improved audio, though there is no mount on the camera itself, so you would need to have an additional bracket that had a cold shoe mount unless you wanted to try sticking the mic in your pocket or taping fit to a tripod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version