Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: IZotope  (Read 4185 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
IZotope
« on: July 14, 2021, 08:57:31 AM »
Getting ready to finally take the plunge. Where do I start? RX8? Looks like it’s available for $199. 50% off. Any other suggestions? Mostly need it for noise removal. Thanks!

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
Re: IZotope
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 09:20:06 PM »
IMHO, you really should go for the Standard version so you get Spectral Denoise and Spectral Repair. The cheaper Elements version doesn't have those, and I find those modules to be incredibly useful for concert recordings.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Flynn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 06:18:22 PM »
I tried the standard version and hit a roadblock when trying to import a 32 bit multi Channel wav file.

If your recording is a multi-Channel recoding it is only supported with the Advanced version of izotope.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 07:36:31 PM »
I tried the standard version and hit a roadblock when trying to import a 32 bit multi Channel wav file.

If your recording is a multi-Channel recoding it is only supported with the Advanced version of izotope.

I have to use Audacity to split polywave files which is a pain but it gets the job done.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 05:51:49 AM »
I never knew that any version of iZotope supported polywav files. My F6 can produce that format, but you have the option to have it do just stereo WAVs which is what I do, since polywavs are (IMO) annoying to work with.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Flynn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 05:25:50 PM »
So after a little experimenting I think I've found a work around not having to buy the advanced version of IZotope. While the standard version of izotope will not import a multi-channel wav file, as a workaround you can import the file into reaper and then import / add the plugins from izotope into reaper! How do it know?

has anyone else had luck with this?

I'm seems I'm running the Izotope RX-8 De-Click pluggin in reaper
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:33:18 PM by Flynn »

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 01:18:29 PM »
I never knew that any version of iZotope supported polywav files.

I use rx 8 advanced to split my poly into stereo.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 06:34:26 AM »
I use rx 8 advanced to split my poly into stereo.
As a long time user of Audacity, I'll mention that audacity can split poly wav into mono tracks, and then allow simple stereo pairing of tracks.
As a long time observer of privacy issues, I'll mention that versions of Audacity later than v3.0.2 have been reported as tracking user behavior, as I understand it, so I suggest avoiding versions later than v3.0.2.
v2.4.2 is what I have been using, and it seems fine.
Speed change with accuracy with 2.4.2  is best achieved by entering previously calculated length values, rather than a percentage or decimal factor.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 01:10:17 AM »
I use for every that's right every audience file.  One of the JEMs guys taught me this secret--(1) De-Click; (2) Phase and (3) Azimuth in modest strength.  He did it for every restoration. 

For IEM or ALD sources, especially ALD, I use music extraction called Music Rebalance and make extractions or stems.  For example, I'll take a thin ALD and make a stem with heavy bass and a tad of percussion and other, and throw it into the mix hard right or left.  Another might be percussion or other.  Other ends up being a lot of misc stuff like guitar and keyboards, so it is hard to control.  The sensitivity bars are useless, and I note they were eliminated in RX8, I leave them at 0

For IEM click tracks, de-click does not work, so I use attenuation if I can get a clean click track.  One has to be careful, because eliminating 100% of click tracks will impact other sounds. 

I could go on and on, but that is the gist of it. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 06:29:47 PM »
Vocal sweetening. Besides removing whistles and screams, my favorite use of RX, as many AUD recordings sound vocally distant to me.

I use music rebalance to separate the vocal stem then parallel mix back in 2-7db under the original AUD tracks.

Also, I get a fair amount of SBD feeds, and lots of them sound bad. (Usually, it's just a send of the signal to PA, rather than a matrix specially mixed.) Often use these as source for vocal sweetening, as the tone and texture can be better with a direct feed from the vocal mic.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.139 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com