Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR40 Digital in?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Tascam DR40 Digital in?
« on: November 09, 2021, 11:31:35 AM »
I'm trying to find a digital input on a DR40, is this available on this unit or will I have to use our Tascam DR100mk3? I have an option to patch out of someone but would like to use the dr100mk3 with mics and use the dr40 for the patch. Bob and Melanie
Melanie and Bob

Offline fireonshakedwnstreet

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • David
Re: Tascam DR40 Digital in?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 12:02:10 PM »
No digital input on this one. Just the line in OR mic-in at the XLR/TRS combo jacks.
Mics: AT 3031; AT 853Rx (c, o); Samson C02; Studio Projects C4 (c, o, h); Nak 300/Tascam PE-125/JVC M510 (cp-1, cp-2, cp-3, JVC M510 superdirectional caps)
Recorders: Tascam DR-680 MkII; Tascam DR-70D
Pres: Edirol UA-5 (Oade PMod & WMod); Marantz PMD661 (OCM); Marantz PMD620 (Oade WMod); Naiant MidBox; Shure FP11 (x2)
https://archive.org/details/@fireonshakedwnstreet

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 12:07:06 PM »
Well, that sucks. Maybe I'll have to screw around with our old microtrack and see if I can feed a digital signal into it using it as a bit bucket. Thanks for info.
Melanie and Bob

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 07:29:54 PM »
Do people really notice a difference between digital in and feeding an analog line to mic or line in? The quality of gear these days is so good, the sonic quality difference (that one can actually hear) - is it significant enough to worry about it? I'm not being snarky - I'm genuinely curious. Digital input had actually faded out quite a bit by the time I started recording.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 10:55:28 AM »
Do people really notice a difference between digital in and feeding an analog line to mic or line in? The quality of gear these days is so good, the sonic quality difference (that one can actually hear) - is it significant enough to worry about it? I'm not being snarky - I'm genuinely curious. Digital input had actually faded out quite a bit by the time I started recording.
The reason I am asking is that I'll be pulling a patch from another member here who has front row balcony seats, we are 5 rows back, I want to make his efforts to patch me to be as hassle free as possible for him , no gains to adjust, etc. I'll prob. run another rig from my seat as back-up. Bob and Melanie
Melanie and Bob

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com