Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: The clapper that doesn't go away.  (Read 2950 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: The clapper that doesn't go away.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2022, 11:14:09 AM »
I use 'Auto Heal' in Audition on each specific clap. I have RX but I have never used it. You can use the auto heal function as an eraser on the waveform and only isolate the claps. I only use them inbetween songs with terrible clapping. It is tedious, but 100% effective.

I assume using Rx if someone is clapping off tempo you could use it for that?

I have Audition 3.0 and I've never seen Auto Heal. Is it a plug in?

It may not be in 3.0? I had creative suite 5-6 and now have the Adobe subscription. I believe it’s Auditon 2022. It’s the small band aid icon near the cursor selector.

According to this article, it should be in my version somewhere, although I've never seen it. I'll check when I get a chance.

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/audio-tools-adobe-audition/

Online roffels

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2022, 01:23:37 PM »
There was a guy who was clapping on beat and it was so loud that Luther shot him a glance, smiled and made the "cut it" sign. I think I was able to eliminate that clapping (or at least reduce it to a quiet level) with Declicker

Even worse are the ones that can't manage to clap on beat.  :banging head:

Definitely annoying at the show, but I've found it a little easier to clean up in Izotope. I had an off-beat toe-tapping kid next to me at a show over the weekend, and it was a quiet band. Super distracting. I used Izotopes Spectral repair to manually attentuate these.

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2022, 05:52:58 PM »
Here are directions I wrote back in 2013 to deal with this in both Audacity and iZotope RX. The names of presets may have changed, but the procedure still works. You may get better results in RX with some of the other presets.

https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=163137.0
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2022, 05:10:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing your settings.  Just last night I was fiddling in rx8 on this very issue.  Do you apply this across the entire recording in one fell swoop or do you just try to apply it to the segments where the clapping is most offensive?

I just process the period between when the applause starts and when it ends.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 04:35:02 PM »
I use 'Auto Heal' in Audition on each specific clap. I have RX but I have never used it. You can use the auto heal function as an eraser on the waveform and only isolate the claps. I only use them inbetween songs with terrible clapping. It is tedious, but 100% effective.

I assume using Rx if someone is clapping off tempo you could use it for that?

So I'm learning to use auto heal. Thanks for the tip. Never knew it was there. Looks like the eraser is in spectral display. I'll have to try that to.

BTW, I've seen this particular clapper before. Last time was years ago, but it's definitely the same clown. He tends to hover around mic stands or the board and claps really fast and loud. Like it's on purpose so he can pick himself out in the recording.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 04:38:13 PM by ts »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com