Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DAT question  (Read 3826 times)

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
DAT question
« on: April 30, 2003, 03:28:59 PM »
Hey, i'm a MD taper, that is lookin into buying a dat.  I'm really broke for you, hardly have enough money to pay rent, but i found a good deal from a friend that his uncle is selling a Casio DA-7, was wondering if anyone had any experiene with it and could give me the heads up.  

peace
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re:DAT question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 03:30:36 PM »
Hey, i'm a MD taper, that is lookin into buying a dat.  I'm really broke for you, hardly have enough money to pay rent, but i found a good deal from a friend that his uncle is selling a Casio DA-7, was wondering if anyone had any experiene with it and could give me the heads up.  

peace

I know a guy who got one from ebay that had been sitting in a studio...barely used...got it and had no problems with it...only issue is it was BIG as compared to the Sony portables....

Nick

DaryanLenz

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 06:11:08 PM »
The power requirements on that thing are wierd.  I know a taper in Iowa who uses one, and he powers it via a 4 d-cell, and 4 c-cell pack.  Otherwise, I know he got it off of ebay really cheap and it has worked thus far.

Daryan

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 11:07:33 AM »
here is the deal with this deck.....it is built like a tank.  it uses the old tascam da30 transport and has full size heads. it is the same deck as the teac dap-20 except that it sports 1/4" in and outs while the teac has xlr's.  powering in the field can be tricky, but definitely can be done. it only records at 48khz. it has no backlight for the meters. but really the kicker with this deck and the whole line of old denon, casio, and teac decks is PARTS!!  they are hard to come by and even if you do find them you better be handy because i don't think anybody will do the benchwork on them.  i could be wrong, but i doubt it because of their age.  

since you say you are broke and would be using this as your primary and only DAT deck i would definitely not waste your time or money on this deck.

good luck,
dave

Fuck MSG!!!

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 12:08:10 PM »
I agree with Dave's post, except that repairs and parts are not that big of a deal.

ProDigital repairs these decks on a regular basis.  They have parts in stock and can turn around repairs in two weeks or less.  

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com