Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTrack 2496 - *actual* real-life experiences thread  (Read 98705 times)

Offline Candace

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Re: M-Audio MicroTrack 2496 - *actual* real-life experiences thread
« Reply #345 on: October 01, 2005, 03:47:49 PM »
So, do you think this is a better DAT replacement than the JB3? I still have my Apogee AD1K, which I love, and plan to use till it's death. I currently record to a Vaio via a Digigram VX Pocket, but power is an issue. Not to mention that when I'm doing concert reviews that need to be filed that night I can't record. I've been looking at something that I can use at 16 bit till the Apogee dies, then go to 24.

I guess part of it is how are the AD/pre stages on various components compared to the AD1K? Has anyone compared an AD1K to a V3 to a 722? That's sort of my dilema right now.

Offline jbraveman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #346 on: October 01, 2005, 04:21:47 PM »
Did you check the file on a PC to see what bit and sample rate was actually recorded. If it is accurate to the settings you had on the MT, I would most likely think it was just a spidf lock-up error. Hopefully the new firmware will be released soon to smoothen things about a bit.
dB-

Recorded again and stopped at around the 57:00 mark.  File was correct 16 biit 48k.  I thought is was a start id on the DAT with some blank space, but that was not the case.  As you say most likely an spdif issue.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #347 on: October 01, 2005, 04:27:48 PM »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com