Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Silver or Copper - curiosity  (Read 7717 times)

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Silver or Copper - curiosity
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »
Id appreciate it if you kept your rude jabs at religion in the appropriate forum... Respect is a two way street.

there are things we cannot explain. There are things science cannot explain. Science is only mans best guess at any given time. Man is not perfect..therefore, science is not .
not to say that your OPINION isnt valued, but it aint the last word.....

So....Klaus Heyne says he hears differences in Cables..is he right or wrong? If two cables are made out of different materials, how could they NOT sound different? I dont buy into the whole snake oil thing..but I do belive that cables sound different. Seems logical to me.

Thanks.

• Good HF dynamics are a characteristic of silver plated copper conductors. Silver plated copper can make a dull sounding system come to life, but at the expense of good quality bass or LF delivery. Silver plated copper cables can also prove fatiguing over prolonged listening periods. Silver plated copper, or cables employing two materials of differing resistance, are best avoided for audio interconnects and speaker cables.

Sorry to kill your darlings, but this is pure BS made up by half-scientic people trying to make you bring out your wallet. The science is on the same level as that used by the creationists trying to prove that God actually created the world in 6 days.

In real-world double blind tests of very potent, scientifically proved, chemicals used as pharmaceuticals the companys are often happy if the substance is double as effiicient as a the old sugar pill. Very often the sugar pill works as well and out goes multiple millions of dollars of research money.

Much of the cables are like sugar pills, if you believe in them they work. If not, it is impossible to hear any difference.

Gunnar
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 05:48:21 PM by Teddy »

Offline ghellquist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Silver or Copper - curiosity
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »
Id appreciate it if you kept your rude jabs at religion in the appropriate forum... Respect is a two way street.

I had a very bad day yesterday. As was reflected in my posts.

Please do not take offense at my mistaken / misguided jab at religion. These should be kept in a more private discussion. As for the rest, I guess I should get what I deserve.

Gunnar
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:29:18 PM by ghellquist »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com