Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: exploding microtracker  (Read 41514 times)

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • At ease atleast yeah.
Re: exploding microtracker
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »
Damn. And to think of how many times I've left my MT plugged in and charging when I wasn't home...

I'd contact an attorney ASAP. Might be good idea to get your hands checked out by your doctor as well. Estimate on damages to floors, CF replacement, pain suffering.. etc. can all add up to a lot - especially if it was no fault of your own - you could have a fairly strong case.

Is there any kind of warnings in the manual about possible battery explosions etc ? I can't recall seeing anything...

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 04:44:14 PM »
I've been waiting for the updates on the Microtrack, ..... waiting for it to be more reliable.  It looked like it was finally there with the latest update............., then, this happens.   :(    I won't be buying Microtrack.

+T spoogles for your troubles.  I hope M-Audio replaces everything.   :coolguy:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:16:48 PM by spyder9 »

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »
I would have to agree that you may want to contact an attorney and have him contact M-Audio.  You are wanting damages at teh minimum and this is not something you want to get into with them without legal advice.  I guarantee their lawyers will be on this immediatly to make sure their ass is covered or to discredit what you did in someway.  Also keep in mind that some companies record calls to customer service, so you dont want to inadvertantly say something which could damage your case.  I would definitely contact a lawyer BEFORE contacting M-Audio. +T for your troubles.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline funk_pie

• Victim of comfort
  • Taperssection Member
  • O hai!
    • My db list...
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2006, 05:58:37 PM »
 :alert:

* Heyseus Christo *

I'll never look at a rechargeable battery the same way. 

:o

+T doesn't help, but damn.  that could've easily been alot worse.
As a child, a library card takes you to exotic, faraway places. When you're grown up, a credit card does it.  -Sam Ewing

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2006, 07:46:11 PM »
I would have to agree that you may want to contact an attorney and have him contact M-Audio.  You are wanting damages at teh minimum and this is not something you want to get into with them without legal advice.  I guarantee their lawyers will be on this immediatly to make sure their ass is covered or to discredit what you did in someway.  Also keep in mind that some companies record calls to customer service, so you dont want to inadvertantly say something which could damage your case.  I would definitely contact a lawyer BEFORE contacting M-Audio. +T for your troubles.

Please take all this advice into account before you contact them. You could ruin your chances of getting a settlement if you say/do the wrong thing early on. Good luck and please do let us know what happens. +T for your troubles...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 09:28:22 AM »
Spoogles.. Man, I'm going to have to sue you.

You see, by your careless charging of the microtrack and by posting the photos here, you have irrepairably damaged the resale value of my microcrapper.  Hell, I probably won't even be able to take the thing on a plane now :P

Anyone know where I can buy a flame-proof protective cup?  My groin fears the microcrapper.

Maybe I'll have to try the flame-resistant nomex underwear road racers wear..

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »
Call a lawyer... a good lawyer will eat this up.  This could have been ugly, and I bet you walk a way with a fat wad in your pocket.  Lawyer first for sure.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006, 10:47:52 AM »
Apparently you did not notice the flamethrower  :veryevil: option in the new firmware...Man if that happened at the airport or on a plane you would still be in jail....Good luck...This has to be the funniest/saddest post I have read in a long time...maybe ever.....
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline spoogles

• Taperssection Member
  • fuck bush
    • showlist
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »
M Audio has been called and i am awaiting return call from supervisor.

i don't need a lawyer. my hand is fine and i don't need someone to take 30% of the small amount i will be due.

RebelRebel

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 10:53:49 AM »
If it could have been ugly, but wasnt...and he is ok, isn't suing a little ..unethical/greedy/wrong?? The fact that someone said to "erase the part about your hand being fine" is a little telling, in my opinion. Id have a hard time taking money in a situation like that.

edit..spoogles..good thinking man. Glad you are ok.

Call a lawyer... a good lawyer will eat this up.  This could have been ugly, and I bet you walk a way with a fat wad in your pocket.  Lawyer first for sure.

Matt
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:55:40 AM by Teddy »

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2006, 11:01:26 AM »
+T Spoogles.

I'm just glad that you, your wife, your kittes, and your lovely home are ok.

I'll not be buying or touching one of those things ever.

as for the new name: "NutRoaster" gets my vote. Followed closely by "NoLongerInUse"
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2006, 11:06:57 AM »
If it could have been ugly, but wasnt...and he is ok, isn't suing a little ..unethical/greedy/wrong?? The fact that someone said to "erase the part about your hand being fine" is a little telling, in my opinion. Id have a hard time taking money in a situation like that.

What he said.  Glad to see Spoogles isn't trying to milk this inappropriately:

i don't need a lawyer. my hand is fine and i don't need someone to take 30% of the small amount i will be due.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline taper420

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2006, 11:07:18 AM »
Fahrenheit 2496... or FT for short

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »
I just got back to town, and the thread was wild.

I still think it will work fine with a hard boot...

This just proves the MT is one hot deck!

I'd say it sounds like a user misunderstanding about how to burn the music.

;D

On a personal note, I am really sorry for the loss, and like all MT owners, hope this works out in the end.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:13:25 PM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2006, 11:38:03 AM »
Wow! Glad you're OK and it looks like you're handling everything properly. +T for the troubles.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com