Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Your opinions on this ebay listing  (Read 3056 times)

Offline willyjbrown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Your opinions on this ebay listing
« on: June 28, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Edirol-R-1-24-Bit-Digital-Wave-MP3-Recorder_W0QQitemZ320000619452QQihZ011QQcategoryZ41479QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is my first post. A friend of mine knew of this site and suggested it to me so I can educate myself with taping. As many concerts as I go to, and as much as I enjoy live recordings from dimeadozen and other sites, I figured I would get into the fun. I've read most of the stuff on this site for newbies, but I'm still not all the way there as far as knowledge of this stuff goes. Basically I want to get started ASAP, with an overal budget of about $500. I'm willing to buy used since my budget is low. I want something stealth, mainly for small-medium clubs and theaters, but I'd like to pull off the occasional taping at an arena or amphitheater eventually. For an idea of venues, I mainly go to the Atlanta area. I found this on ebay and wanted to know if anybody has experience with an Edirol R-1 or Church Audio mics and what not. Thanks for the help.

Offline grider

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • always give more than you take
Re: Your opinions on this ebay listing
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
it will be pretty hard to assemble a recording rig for just $500, perhaps you should start out by buying a recording device such as a JB3 or an Iriver or even a dat deck and patch from other tapers for now, and save up a grand or so for the basic equipment you will need, not to discourage you but your budget will not get it done really, and this is an expensive hobby as everyone here knows

Offline J.Maye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 11:25:43 AM »
it will be pretty hard to assemble a recording rig for just $500, perhaps you should start out by buying a recording device such as a JB3 or an Iriver or even a dat deck and patch from other tapers for now, and save up a grand or so for the basic equipment you will need, not to discourage you but your budget will not get it done really, and this is an expensive hobby as everyone here knows

I dont know about that. this is $305 right now and comes with a pre and church audio mics. I have never used/heard the church audio mics but they seem to be popular for a low-end of the price spectrum mic. This package would definately let you start capturing sound. Throw in some power, stand, and cables and your set. It's obviously not top of the line, but get yourself some good patch cables and you'll be on your way.
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline grider

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »
yea I guess you could pick up this R1 and run an Audio Technica 822 or 825 (which run on their own internal batteries for phantom mic power) directly into it, that would work and the mic would run you about $150 used or perhaps even new in an ebay auction

Offline J.Maye

• Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 01:07:02 PM »
This package comes with a pre and mics already though. Unless Im reading something wrong. It even has the cf card to get started with. I wonder if this was listed by a fellow TS.com member?

Do you think the mics/pre would be un-usable for concert recording?
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »
I think you're misreading the ad. I believe that price is for the recorder only. The rest is links to other auctions.

Edit: now that I re-read it I'm not so sure. It's confusing. Better to check with the seller first.

you may also want to browse through the yard sale here for some good starter kits. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 02:00:07 PM by Unitmonster »
AT853rx (c,sc,o)> Fostex FR2-LE (Busman T-Mod)

Offline grider

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 02:49:43 PM »
and an R1 with a flash card and a preamp and mics for three to five hundred would be a bit of a steal, worth twice that probably

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 03:03:01 PM »
Great price and a great preamp and good mics.  That rig will sound just fine!!! 
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline J.Maye

• Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 03:17:58 PM »
Oh yea, mics and pre are included.
"Included here as a bonus are some really great MIC by Church Audio and a AMP.See  the Three links below for a detailed description of the MIC and BOX.The MIC and Box were used once with great results and are in mint condition.To sweeten the deal even more I will include a Toshibia 2GB CF card.You can record a 3 hour concert at 16 BIT with this.This package has it all..Paypal is accepted and shipping is $12.00"

Now Im kind of thinking about buying this. :D
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »
The mics and preamp will be fine to start out with, and I honor will honor any warranty issues with my products no mater where or when they were purchased.

Chris Church
Church Audio

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Edirol-R-1-24-Bit-Digital-Wave-MP3-Recorder_W0QQitemZ320000619452QQihZ011QQcategoryZ41479QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is my first post. A friend of mine knew of this site and suggested it to me so I can educate myself with taping. As many concerts as I go to, and as much as I enjoy live recordings from dimeadozen and other sites, I figured I would get into the fun. I've read most of the stuff on this site for newbies, but I'm still not all the way there as far as knowledge of this stuff goes. Basically I want to get started ASAP, with an overal budget of about $500. I'm willing to buy used since my budget is low. I want something stealth, mainly for small-medium clubs and theaters, but I'd like to pull off the occasional taping at an arena or amphitheater eventually. For an idea of venues, I mainly go to the Atlanta area. I found this on ebay and wanted to know if anybody has experience with an Edirol R-1 or Church Audio mics and what not. Thanks for the help.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 02:59:44 AM »
The mics and preamp will be fine to start out with, and I honor will honor any warranty issues with my products no mater where or when they were purchased.

Chris Church
Church Audio

That's cool.
Socks are overrated.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com