Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Has the Microtrack "settled down" yet?  (Read 13399 times)

Offline buffalofloyd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • the quickness of the eye deceives the mind
Re: Has the Microtrack "settled down" yet?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 02:25:59 PM »
Ok, just ordered this little nifty device for the battery issue. 

Most of us are running USB battery packs that take 4 AA batteries. I paid about $10 for mine shipped. They were common when the microtrack came out but seem kinda scarce now.  I didn't see on that newegg page where they disclosed the total mAH capacity of that lithium pack.

I am not exactly sure what mAH is or means but these are the specifications I could find...

Specifications:

• Output Voltage: DC 5V
• Output Current: 1000mA max.
• Dimension: 3.9"H x 2.4"W x 0.6"D
• Net Weight: 11.3oz

The dude from Sound Pro recommended this product on his site and did tests with it and blah blah blah, you can go there and and check it out if you like, maybe there is more info there that could help you.  There is a thread on this in the "Remote Power" section, he lists it for $59 but I found it for $35 on that link I provided.  I would rather have a pack that took disposal batteries but for $35 I'll give this a try, it's not a bank breaker and I think it should work out nicely...  Of course all of this would be unnecessary if the thing took disposal batteries in the first place  :P

Cheers,
Jim
Core Sound Stealthy Cardoids > M-Audio Microtrack

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »
Sorry for the cross-post, but this thread is active.  I ran across this doing a google search for packs.  Would it work?  It looks like it takes rechargeable, alkaline, and lithium AA batteries with no problem.  It also only costs $20.

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main~unit~Palm_Treo_700w-541~area~accessories-Power+Accessories~item~USB-BATADPT01.htm

Any guess?
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
the power portion looks alright, but I can't really see the USB tip...
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2006, 03:42:14 PM »
I believe it is a female USB end, so I would a male USB 2.0 > mini-USB (for lack of a better word).  Could I just use any USB cable that I could buy at Best Buy for this?
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
if that is indeed a female usb, then sure.  but it's not clear at all.

this is what i use...

http://www.laptoptravel.com/Product.aspx?ID=2019
http://www.powerstream.com/dc6.htm

cut the cords, put a quick disconnect on the 12volt side, put a USB mini on the other side, set switch to 5v, done.  hook up a batt of your choice, up to 12v, on the batt side w/ the quick disconnect.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 03:53:17 PM by Scooter »
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline BillPryor

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »
Has anybody used the Microtrack for external mic-in recording of ordinary conversation? I'm looking for a device to record voice over interviews for use in a documentary. I tried the Marantz 660 but found it was way too noisy. The mic I want to use is an old Sennheiser wired lav, which has power so I don't need to use phantom power.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2006, 10:23:27 PM »
new prob for me  :'(

recorded a show on 1.4.3
everything seems fine as in it recorded fine, plays from the mt
however the files will not transfer to my comp
it copies some then a error box says that the file can't be read or wrote to and stops copying
has anyone heard of this or know why it does it
or better yet how to fix it
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »

recorded a show on 1.4.3
it copies some then a error box says that the file can't be read or wrote to and stops copying

Do you have a different hard drive (or partition) that you can copy the file to?  Maybe your internal hard drive is developing problems.  Or try it on another computer to help confirm this.  I'd also try copying the file using an external card reader to see if that helps.

J.T.

Offline willndmb

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 01:10:57 PM »

recorded a show on 1.4.3

Do you have a different hard drive (or partition) that you can copy the file to?  Maybe your internal hard drive is developing problems.  Or try it on another computer to help confirm this.  I'd also try copying the file using an external card reader to see if that helps.

J.T.
well today
i dragged and dropped the file into itunes
guess what it copied into itunes
so good news is i got the file copied/saved on my comp (same hard dirve as before)
bad news is i am not sure why it wouldn't copy "normal"
i will have to do some more tests on it

as for a external reader, its a microdrive - can you put a microdrive into a card reader?
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
There is a thread on this in the "Remote Power" section, he lists it for $59 but I found it for $35 on that link I provided.  I would rather have a pack that took disposal batteries but for $35 I'll give this a try, it's not a bank breaker and I think it should work out nicely...  Of course all of this would be unnecessary if the thing took disposal batteries in the first place  :P

I got my 4AA USB sled for ~$10. I think more than that is overpriced.

Did some poking around old MT threads, following might be a good start

http://pdaden.com/shop/catalog/product_16686_USB_Battery_Box_with_LED_light_Emergency_Charger_cat_284.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5876777614&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

http://www.gpscity.com/item-gps-city-usb-power-pack/batusbpower.htm

I got mine from

http://www.dealsonic.com/usbbapabapof.html

but I can't find it there anymore.
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2006, 02:22:36 PM »

recorded a show on 1.4.3

J.T.
well today
i dragged and dropped the file into itunes
guess what it copied into itunes
so good news is i got the file copied/saved on my comp (same hard dirve as before)
bad news is i am not sure why it wouldn't copy "normal"
i will have to do some more tests on it

as for a external reader, its a microdrive - can you put a microdrive into a card reader?

Glad to hear first of all that you got the files copied. That's the most important thing (I expect).  And as for card readers and MicroDrives, any modern reader that reads type 2 cards should be able to read them. I haven't run into any that couldn't but maybe really old ones could have trouble. If the slot on the reader accepts the size of the MicroDrive it should work just fine.

J.T.

Offline willndmb

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 09:08:10 AM by willndmb »

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2006, 01:57:30 AM »
well, it seems like my luck is 50/50 with this thing. right now, I have firmware 1.4.1v9 and I let it charge for a while after it was a full charge, and its frozen now. So I cant use it tonite like I wanted to. But I used it a few nites ago, and let it over charge alittle before hand, and everything went smooth.

::)

Did it freeze while it was charging or while you were using i t (or both)? What was on-screen at the time? And why did that prevent you from using it that night?  In case you don't know, you can force the MT to power down even when it's frozen by holding down the power button for 10-20 seconds.  I haven't had to do this for the last several firmwares but earlier ones were fairly notorious for freezing.

J.T.

basically, what happened was the little battery thing appeared full so I let it coontinue to charger for another hour. I thern unpluged it, and it stayed with the m-audio name on the screen, and the battery full picture in the corner. I tried pushing buttons, but nothing happenned. I ran the mt with sc power at a few shows, that wasa fun, now I just let it power a bit preshow, and use a diy batt pack for it.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com