Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: C-4's > 207d > HiMD RH1 - good idea?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline larsrindsig

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I am not a crook!
C-4's > 207d > HiMD RH1 - good idea?
« on: August 22, 2006, 01:23:29 PM »
So, I've dicked around with various bits of equipment before recording myself playing the guitar (badly) etc. However, I've become increasingly keen to record others (who can actually play), possibly for the enjoyment of others too (friends, Archive eventually, etc).

I've secured a pair of C-4's and an RH1. What I'm planning to put inbetween is an Aphex 207d (I expect to tape mainly in places where the AC access isn't aproblem). Does that sound like a particularly bad idea?

I haven't an opportunity to actually hear the 207d properly (there's a couple of shows on the Archive where it's used on the board signal in a matrix recording but you obviously can't tell much from that) so I'm basing my decision mainly on reviews and specs. Has anyone here used the unit in a live recording situation or seen/heard others doing it?

For the situations where I need to run on batteries, I have my eyes on the ART Phantom II but am not sure what to put after it (I'm in Europe so the Denecke gear - although attractive - is not really an option). Would mics > Art > RH1 mic in work well enough? Or anybody know any reasonably priced (same range as other equipment) AD converters available in Europe?

Looking forward to hear what everyone has to say.

(And let me just request three cheers for everyone who contributes, hosts or moderates this forum - it's a blooming gold mine!)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com