Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: digital input/output question re PDAudio  (Read 1905 times)

Offline panther65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
digital input/output question re PDAudio
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »
I have the PDAudio system including the Dell Axim x51v, Mike2496, Core Sound PDA CF card, SPCMC8 mikes. Can someone tell me how I would take a digital signal into the CF card in the Axim and output a digital signal to the next deck in a daisychain?
Also, how do I input an analog line signal from say a soundboard or another deck and output the analog signal to the next deck in line? I understand that the headphone jack in my pda doubles as a line out, but where does the line in go? I need an attenuator cable which I've ordered. Does it go into the mike inputs of the 2496?
Schoeps MK4>KCY250/5I>Schoeps VMS 5 U>Tascam HD-P2

Offline rePat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: digital input/output question re PDAudio
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 06:37:02 PM »
Can someone tell me how I would take a digital signal into the CF card in the Axim and output a digital signal to the next deck in a daisychain?

You can't daisychain from the PDAudio card, but you could give up the other Digital out from the Mic2496.  Ditto with the analog signal, you'd have to split it before it hits the Mic2496.

rePat
DPA 4021 >SD MP-2>Sony PCM M10

Church Audio Cardoids>Edirol R-09

Offline panther65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 08:23:50 PM »
Not sure what you mean by "give up the other digital out" of mike 2496. Where would the digital input go? If it goes to the CF card, how would I then get the digital signal to the mike 2496 to output the digital signal to the next deck in line?
The analog signal goes where? Does it go to the mike inputs?
Schoeps MK4>KCY250/5I>Schoeps VMS 5 U>Tascam HD-P2

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 09:22:36 PM »
The MIC2496 has two digital outs. One is toslink and the other is coaxial. The coaxial output is on the 3.5mm jack located between the toslink output and the meters.

The analog signal will go to the mic inputs, but the signal will have to be attentuated down quite a bit so as not to overload the MIC2496 input.
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com