Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Englishmman in New York...looking for a SD722  (Read 2638 times)

Offline smuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Englishmman in New York...looking for a SD722
« on: September 29, 2006, 05:03:21 AM »
I am planning a trip to New York in a few weeks and would like to take advantage of the exchange rate. I would like to buy a Sound Devices 722 ( I have been saving for nearly a year). As this is the first time I have been to New York can anyone recommend a place to go to get one. Also what prices can I expect?( I have seen $2375) Are there any hidden taxes or is the prices as stated on the American Websites? . Is there anything I should be aware of? Many thanks in advance.S

If this is in the wrong section, apologies. Please feel free to move it.

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: Englishmman in New York...looking for a SD722
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:46:41 AM »
maybe get ahold of B & H and see if they can get one in stock so you can pick it up  @ the retail store in NYC
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline smuff

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:21:36 PM »
Many thanks for the advice. I have a friend who can sort that out. I will contact B&H. :)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 12:47:40 PM »
B+H is the only place I trust in NYC. Still I prefer to do business with smaller outfits (more personal service).

I don't know if Cascade Media (www.cascademedia.net) could ship to a hotel or non-billing address, but they have been great to me. They are in Portland, Oregon, though.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 01:42:24 PM »
Hi,
  I have dealt with B&H several times in the past....and they are very good....Just call ahead of your arrival to make sure thay have one in stock.....This is the only place that I know of in NYC that I would trust with such a purchase......If you are coming to visit a friend in the states....shop on line and have it delivered to his address so it will be waiting for you.....You can also try Dave at Microphone Supply.....He's a good guy...I purchased my MixPre from him....but he's is in New Jersey...(very close to NYC)...Good luck and enjoy your visit....

Peace,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 03:30:42 PM »
I would consider Dale Pro Audio (used to be Masterpiece AV):
http://www.daleproaudio.com/
Jamie and Arron who have been around the taping scene for some time are no longer there but Dan Ross will help you out. Dan is a taper, trader and will treat you well. I would call ahead to make sure they have one in stock for you and you can then go to their shop to pick it up.

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »
I don't know if Cascade Media (www.cascademedia.net) could ship to a hotel or non-billing address, but they have been great to me.

i had a package shipped from cascade to a hotel in 2005.

granted, it was only for a $350 part (microtracker), but it happened.  YMMV for a > $2000 device.

p

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 12:17:03 AM »
If you buy locally while you are in NY you will have to pay sales tax? 8% or so? So add ~$200. Total of $2575ish.

You would be better off having a dealer in another state overnight it to you at your hotel if possible (no sales tax). (Frank at Cascade! ;) Prolly $2450ish? ) You'd save at least $100 than buying locally. You might even get some freebies like high capacity batteries from Frank!  :D
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »
If you buy locally while you are in NY you will have to pay sales tax? 8% or so? So add ~$200. Total of $2575ish.

You would be better off having a dealer in another state overnight it to you at your hotel if possible (no sales tax). (Frank at Cascade! ;) Prolly $2450ish? ) You'd save at least $100 than buying locally. You might even get some freebies like high capacity batteries from Frank!  :D

I just got my SD722 yesterday from Frank at Cascade Media - Super guy and he may very well throw in some "freebies like high capacity batteries".

There was a 2 week backlog from Sound Devices so you probably need to do something soon if you choose to order from Frank or another US dealer.

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline smuff

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 06:53:49 AM »
Once again thanks for all the replies. B&H or Cascade Media will be hearing from me soon. I am staying with a friend so I will get it delivered to them. I am getting excited.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.153 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com